By Anonymous - 11/06/2019 12:49

Today, all of my friends stopped messaging me. I checked their Snapchat and Instagram accounts and saw that they were all at a party. When I confronted them, they assured me I was invited and should join them. When I arrived at the address, the house was empty. They gave me the wrong address. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 329
You deserved it 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

myoopslife 3

I'd say it's not a big deal, but I'm not a big social media person. I use it to check on friends etc or the rare messenger message but to actually hang out, there's good old simple phone text message. Then again we are also about 25-30 so....just not our style. If you're young, you'll later find that life isn't that serious, and dump friends who **** you like that. Cold turkey, drop them. Maybe with a nice group CC message before. You deserve better OP.

Comments

I'd say it's not a big deal, but I'm not a big social media person. I use it to check on friends etc or the rare messenger message but to actually hang out, there's good old simple phone text message. Then again we are also about 25-30 so....just not our style. If you're young, you'll later find that life isn't that serious, and dump friends who **** you like that. Cold turkey, drop them. Maybe with a nice group CC message before. You deserve better OP.

myoopslife 3

OP, I'm a little concerned that you felt it necessary to play Social Media Detective just because some people weren't responding to messages for an hour or two. God forbid that people not check their phone while at a show, with family, working, etc. While these people are terrible friends for sending you to a fake address, you might want to take a moment to consider your own behaviour too. You might be the clingy friend in your group.

While I agree that it’s normal for one or two people to not respond for a few hours, it sounds like all of them didn’t respond in that time frame, which is kinda suspicious.

I am not always quick at responding and I don’t expect my friends to be quick. But if all of them stopped responding at once, I’d probably be curious. I don’t know if I’d go out of my way to check their accounts, but logging onto social media when bored and nobody is responding seems normal enough. But I wouldn’t say anything until the next day, and if I did, I wouldn’t be in a hurry to join them either.

Looks like you couldn’t even make it into the “friend zone.” You’re banished to “fake-social-media-‘friend’-to-inflate-my-count zone.”

pins91 27

I promise you, this shit doesn’t matter, it sucks right now cos you’re still young, but in 10 years time, you’ll have forgotten all these peoples names.

Those aren't friends, they are assholes. Find better ones.

sickBoy 1

You will find that you may have done something you didn't think was a big deal and they think it's horrific. I had something like this happen.

i was someone who a group of friends "forgets" about when inviting or giving news etc.. it is sad but i figured theres something about my vibe and energy that people subconsciously feel uneasy about! Something negative i gave away while expressing something through my words or body language! Find out what it is that puts people off about you and work on it

TrashlifeKaylala 12

Same to be honest. Even now some people just are uneasy around me, but we all get like that sometimes. Just feeling off or vibe away from someone for seemingly no reason. But I agree, watch your actions. People really only want someone around they know are decent and always happy go lucky. Those people are definitely not your crew though. So sorry

WeirdUS 29

They aren't obligated to invite you. If all of them did you might be the reason why or you've attached yourself to a bad group.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?