By Anonymous - 16/09/2011 06:36 - United States

Today, after weeks of watching car after car of solo drivers go by in the carpool lane every day, I decided to join them. I'm the one who got pulled over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 950
You deserved it 35 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That drives me crazy when people solo drive in the multi-passenger lanes.

SirObvious 1

If your friends jumped off a cliff would you?

Comments

kitsune3 20

The lesson in that experience: The fact that other people do it does NOT make it okay for YOU to do it. YDI, dumbass.

astro16 0

In some states, people can pay to Use the carpool lane when it is only Themselves.

klovemachine 24

either ticket everyone or ticket no one...stupid cops :( pigs!

The_9th_Doctor 18

there's never a cop around till it's u

NekoNomNom 11

I'm sorry OP. I once got pulled over and ticketed for running a yellow light. Now every time I see someone run a yellow light with a cop sitting there, they don't get pulled over. It's quite frustrating.

Steve_Dudley_UK 10

By joining them you became one of the solo drivers that others were angry about when you drove past them. Yet you seem to expect sympathy. Why? What makes you so special that you deserve any sympathy at all?

I don't know about the regulations where you live nor what was in effect in the time you got the ticket. I come from the future and can tell you that in California for a fee and if you drive specific hybrid cars, you are allowed to drive in the carpool lane with only one person in the vehicle.

they probably had cars that were hybrids or only ran on electricity

"I saw many people do something illegal, so I did it too! I got punished! :(((((" What did you expect to happen?