By copper - 30/01/2011 02:20 - United States

Today, a cop pulled me over because there was a sign hidden behind a tree that said "No left turn". As I was getting my ticket, I watched as three cars turned left. The cop saw them, laughed, and said, "I guess you're the unlucky one." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 932
You deserved it 3 660

Same thing different taste

Top comments

giantsfan2010 23

Yeah thats just how cops are, thats why you always have to be careful no matter what. I got a speeding ticket last week because my car stood out from everyone elses going the same speed as me.

Gomerfied 7

Make sure you take a picture of the sign and fight that in court.....do it soon before they have a chance to trim the tree.

Comments

giantsfan2010 23

Yeah thats just how cops are, thats why you always have to be careful no matter what. I got a speeding ticket last week because my car stood out from everyone elses going the same speed as me.

lovexbox 8

My dad is a county cop. Believe me he said if you are out of the ordinary at all (whether or not you're doing something wrong), you are ******.

Taking the 'tree' out of 'Country Cop'.

i once got a ticket for not parking in a good parking spot during a snow storm (so muck snow you coudnt see where to park) while my grandfather was waiting inside the hospital, nearly dead.

Don't drive a white M3 through a field of Silver Corollas?

Don't know about the rules in usa but if the sign was hidden to the sight from the road o would note where i was and the name of the cop, then i would take him to court, win the case (mostly according ti the law) and then go "i guess i wasen't so unlucky after all was i?"

giantsfan2010 23

Its not an m3 actually, and there was another bmw next to me also

A cop once pulled my dad over while we were going the speed of the traffic and my dad asks:"Why did I get the ticket if I was going the speed of everyone else?" And I shit you not, the cop replies: "Have you ever been fishing?" To which my dad answers: "yes, I have." The cop: "Well, the one thing you have to understand about fishing is that you can't catch all of them." My dad's expression: DAMN!!!

SmashBrosFan 0

ur just a hater because you wouldn't have the goods to be one! or your a dumbass that does the wrong thing and get caught!

cradle6 13

39-Many cops abuse their power and hassle totally innocent people. Cops aren't all angels.

u must be black.......us black ppl dont get along with cops much

Ill admit there are asshole cops who abuse their power. But you can't say "all cops are assholes" or anything just like you can't say "all white dudes can't dance", or all tall people can play basketball or all Jews are cheap. Also I think cops should get some slack cuz what happens when someone kills someone or someone runs into a place with a gun? Every one runs away and it's the cop that runs in. They put their life on the line and put a target on their back just by wearing their badge to be able to help ensure we all can live our lives peacefully.

xxxJORDYBEARxxx 0

cops suck. always. and they are unfair! frigging noobs they are!

iamchuck 0

Remember how bad they suck when you actually need one.

SoundnVasion 0
TheDrifter 23

When would we actually need one? Real men can police themselves and need only the coroner or repair person once we have it settled. Even here in Canada we know calling the cops is a waste of time, they're not equipped for problem solving, just traffic enforcement and taking witness statements.

Damn I would be pissed as hell. Not only because of the ticket, but more so because of the fact that he laughed as others did it too... -.-

prince122 0

Yup they really suck. They always have to make one persons day miserable. And let the rest of the world roam around breaking the law

prince122 0

they wudnt make their day miserable if they followed the law. if u were hit by speeding driver wud u want cop to make their day miserable before the crash or wud u have thought glad cop didnt catch u speeding and made ur day worse.

gusgus36 5

that's dumb! you shouldn't be the only one in trouble especially since you can't see the sign!

sallen0046 4

What's the cop supposed to do? Tell OP to stay put while he chases after the others and tickets them first? Who's going to sit there when a cop has left them?

i would say if he took a photo and contested the ticket, it would get thrown out. unless u have some stupid rule in ur country.

MrBond007_fml 6

#27 I have seen it done before. one time I even saw a cop an foot stop 3 cars at once. if you leave he has your license plate #, and you will be royally screwed.

Gomerfied 7

Make sure you take a picture of the sign and fight that in court.....do it soon before they have a chance to trim the tree.

Yeah cause they'll do that quick. Once my grandma got a ticket for running a stop sign that was turned sideways and covered by trees and when she went to take a picture of it the next day, the trees were trimmed and the stop sign was fixed... -.-