By Jbheller - 03/05/2015 00:08 - United States - Mountain Top

Today, after resigning from my current job, I was let go from the new job I hadn't even started yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 355
You deserved it 3 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unlucky man, gotta still keep trying good luck

Sorry about that op! I'm sure you can find another job soon, good luck!

Comments

counting your chickens before they hatch I guess

Quiet_one 22

Not really. It sounds like the OP had already accepted the new job (can't be "let go" from a job you never got), in which case resigning from the old one is the normal and appropriate thing to do. You shouldn't wait until your last day before starting a new job to tell your employer "Today was my last day. Bye!" If you want to leave on good terms, you give some notice beforehand to allow time to find a replacement. Hopefully the OP's current employer hasn't already hired someone to replace him.

gintwinsmoore 20

needs follow up- how did that happen, OP???

Badkarma4u 17

Hopefully you left on good terms. This happens. If you left on good terms, its much easier and cheaper to rehire a traiend experienced person with a known good record of honesty and attendance than it is to hire someone new and roll the dice, not to mention time and effort to train a new person.

DaEpicTaco 13

Sucks hope you find a new job soon

wow.. how did that happen? hope you find something soon!

what was the first impression you have done? seems like there's more to this story

Basically I was hired at the skilled nursing facility my wife works at, and we are both in nursing. I was supposed to begin this coming tuesday, however, they called me to inform me that because their resident census was lower than they would like (180 beds and 150 occupied,) they cancelled my training class and said if things resume normally in the future they will reconsider my employment offer. This is after I had already completed my last two weeks with my previous employer.

At least on the bright side you did the right thing at your other job by putting in your two weeks. That way you're able to get employment there again. Good luck to you OP!

If you got an official offer letter, it might be a breach of contract. I'd check with a lawyer. I'd be worried you couldn't collect unemployment too.

Hopefully it won't take long to get another position.

That sucks OP, hopefully its just a better opportunity coming to you