By insertfoothere - 18/07/2009 11:26 - United States

Today, after my son's new friend spent the night, I commented on how his hair had such a straight line in it from one ear to the other. I joked about how he must have fallen asleep with headphones on, or had bad hat hair. He informed me it was a scar from brain surgery he had when he was younger. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 275
You deserved it 59 900

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awesomelylame 0

You didn't know. Just apologize once and that's all you can do.

He probably wasn't offended. I bet he has to explain that all the time anyway

Comments

It's best to get to know someone before you comment on their physical condition. I once saw a new co-worker walking with a limp and asked if she hurt her leg. Apparently she was born that way. Think before you speak. YDI.

do realize that she didn't comment to HURT him. it might have hurt his feelings, but obviously she didn't do it with the intention.

big deal. . . . worse things could happen. I hate these FMLs

Why the **** do these types of FMLs always have about a 5-to-1 (at least) ratio of YDI to FYL? Call me OCD or whatever but it pisses the hell out of me when the option I view as OBVIOUS isn't "winning". It's ******* bullshit to blame someone for something they said without having any goddamn way of knowing that they might *possibly* be about to strike a nerve they've never heard about.

cxal_fml 0

If you speak without taking a second to think, and the OP obviously did, its ******* bullshit to not think you deserve what comes to you as a result of your speech

Shaiath 0

I'm a survivor of brain cancer and I have scars like that on my head. I don't mind when people say things about it. I'm sure the kid didn't mind all that much, I havn't met many people who do mind.

blahblahblah9 0

i had to have surgery when i was five years old and left me with a scar from ear to ear people just thought it was like a headband or something! if someone said something about it now i wouldnt care but when i was younger i use to get upset about people asking about it!

creepmucker 0

I have hydrocephalus and have had 21 brain surgeries and have the same scar and plenty more that are quiet visible and people ask me questions all the time i dont mind im sure he didnt either so i dont think you need to worry :)

FYL, because that's pretty embarrassing and awkward too. YDI, for saying something that damn silly. That's not even funny. Sssshhhhh you!