By Stunned - 04/02/2013 09:15 - New Zealand - Wellington

Today, after heavy rain my street flooded. While in my living room, I looked outside to see that my elderly neighbour was outside splashing in a knee deep puddle. He was butt-naked and wearing a snorkel and flippers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 033
You deserved it 3 700

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least he's making the best of it. Maybe you should follow his example.

Elderly people seem to understand, that since they are old the might as well have fun. It may be a disturbing sight, but at least he is making the most of his life. I think you might need some brain bleach though.

Comments

At least he's making the best of it. Maybe you should follow his example.

erockinthesuburb 17
chlorinegreen 27

Sounds like the neighbor has the right idea. Maybe you should join? Bet you would make his day if you did.

hanymandy 6
cajekraze 7

Yes, strip down and go play in contaminated water. When the street is flooded, so is the sewer

63 - I think you mean storm drains. Storm drains do not equal sewer (sewage) drains. Sewage drains do not "overflow" when it rains unless the pipes have ruptured. Sewage drains are completely sealed and go to treatment plants. Storm drains are (usually) not required to get treated and in many areas simply drain into the nearest large body of water. In CT or MA, if you go to the beach you're playing in the same water that came from the storm drains.

*in the vast majority of industrialized areas

lexi365 20

I agree. I thought that was awesome! Funny as all get out and maybe a bit strange but this would make me chuckle and remind me to live a little. Neither FML or deserved rather, think different.

At least your kid didn't get kidnapped.

By a creepy clown that was down in the storm drains raving on and on about balloons and helium's tendency to be lighter than air?

I think you deserve a cool neighbor like that.

Fusion_Fear 14

This is when brain bleach would be nice.

Elderly people seem to understand, that since they are old the might as well have fun. It may be a disturbing sight, but at least he is making the most of his life. I think you might need some brain bleach though.

leogirl95 12

Most awesome neighbour ever. Did you join in?

ulissey_fml 22

Waiting for the snorky comments.

Carpet Diem, the old man is just seizing the day. Water you wading for, OP? Join the fun!

I thought carpet diem meant "seize the rug"?

No, carpet diem is "rug day". It's a holiday we don't get here :(

I'm favoriting this just for this thread. Well done!