By Anonymous - 14/08/2014 19:50 - United States - Powell

Today, after having multiple dreams where I have a daughter with my boyfriend, I'm now emotionally attached to a child who isn't real, and I get depressed when I can't be with her in real life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 874
You deserved it 9 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

revan546 24

Why don't you talk to your boyfriend about I don't know... Having a REAL child?..

Aspen_Grace33 27

A girl I work with dreamt about her children before she even knew she was pregnant! Maybe it's a sign of things to come! Cheer up and maybe congrats!!!

Comments

This one of the more depressing FMLs in my opinion. There's a chance that your boyfriend doesn't even want a child. Not saying that he doesn't but it's a possibility. Talk to him about it.

I was just thinking this is the sweetest FML I've ever read. Moms enough that don't even (want to) spend time with their kids in real life.

RedPillSucks 31

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'm sorry, but how on earth does OP wanting a child mean that her and her boyfriend's relationship needs "solidifying?"

The average person would argue if they aren't even serious enough to get engaged, let alone married, they aren't serious enough to discuss children. Which I would say is sound advice for the average person, but definitely not everyone.

acerredrum 23

That certainly doesn't mean that they aren't ready to discuss children, anyone who is sexually active should discuss their wants child wise with their significant other. I don't know if OP is sexually active but if she is then she should talk about it to her boyfriend. Sex is what causes children and they need to have a plan of what to do if pregnancy happens.

Not to mention, I think most people would benefit from discussing major life plans (children, where to live, whether they even want to get married) before taking a big step like getting engaged.

I've had similar dreams about a daughter I don't have. It's actually kind of depressing to wake up and not have her there with me since she felt so real in my dreams. As far as telling your boyfriend...it depends on your relationship with him. I told my boyfriend because we are in a committed relationship and I felt like I needed someone to talk to about it, as crazy as I must have sounded. Also, if this was by chance your body's way of telling you you're pregnant then congratulations :)!

It's nice to hear all these other stories. I have had experiences like this too but always thought it sounded too bizarre to talk to other people about. Well done for being brave.

I've had multiple dreams about me being pregnant.

Yeah but there's a difference between dreaming you're pregnant, which I don't think most people would bat an eyelid at, and having enough dreams about the same person that you end up building a relationship with someone who's not real.

The universe is telling you you might be having a child soon. My mother dreamt about me for two years before I was born, don't worry OP, dreams are more than just mind hallucinations.

Last night I had a dream that I was being held hostage by a serial killer. I sincerely hope that one was no more than a mind hallucination!

Sorry it is taking such a toll on you OP. But as other commenters say, maybe it's a sign of what's to come. But don't pine after what isn't physical... it will drive you mad. Emotions and dreams are both irrational, so I do understand your depression nonetheless. Hopefully they show you as an excellent mom and a happy family. :) might just end up being very real soon!

That happened to me I believe that the child is what my real child is going to look like

you should really not take those dreams seriously

Not gonna lie. This came straight from Breaking Dawn...

nannygirl1990 6

oh my god I totally have those dreams too only its this adorable little red haired toddler that I've dreamed about several times since I was 15. then I ended up marrying my husband who is a redhead and the dreams kicked up again..

Omg I could have posted this, I have the same situation