By Anonymous - 15/11/2009 14:47 - Canada

Today, after dating for almost five years, my boyfriend stated that I have a "perfect and amazing personality" but that my looks are not what he "envisioned himself spending the rest of his life with." In other words, I'm ugly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 820
You deserved it 3 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

avfcfan89 0

well, at least you have a great personality.

what the... even if you were absolutely drop dead gorgeous, no one is spending the rest of their lives with it. He does know people age, right?

Comments

because he loves her for her personality and not because of her looks? your right. hes an idiot.

OP, get over yourself and enjoy the compliment.

Dump his ass, and get yourself someone who appreciates your personality over your look. It's not that hard, honey.

every guys dream girl is hotter than their real girl, the grass is always greener on the other side of the pasture right, don't pretend that doesn't apply to chicks, if you were with Billy bob you'd be like, damn where's brad Pitt at? some men just have a penchant for wanting to be totally honest and then it comes back to bite them in the ass.

well then dump him life is too short for people who don't like you for who you are.

skyeyez9 24

looks are important but not everything. I am not a vain person, but I picked my hubby cause I was attracted to him. I would not marry an ugly man because our future children would share 50% of his DNA. In other words, I do not want buck tooth, hump back children. My hubby is handsome but no supermodel and I love him the way he is. He had features I liked: tall, broad shoulders, blue eyes, nice smile.

In other words, you approached mating just like you would approach, let's say, dog breeding?

Hate to be a grammar nazi, but the second quote shouldn't be a quote. "envisioned *himself* spending the rest of *his* life with". Unless your boyfriend speaks in the third person, which would be epic, that's incorrect. If he does, then Funk Engine is sorry.

shortsizeme 0

clearly he turned out to not having a " perfect and amazing personality" or to be the one you "envisioned spending the rest of your life with" either

Ever tried taking care of yourself? Women bitch all the time about how their man looks like a scrub, should shave more often etc. Why shouldn't women apply the same standards to themselves? This coming from a woman by the way...