By Anonymous - 15/11/2009 14:47 - Canada

Today, after dating for almost five years, my boyfriend stated that I have a "perfect and amazing personality" but that my looks are not what he "envisioned himself spending the rest of his life with." In other words, I'm ugly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 820
You deserved it 3 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

avfcfan89 0

well, at least you have a great personality.

what the... even if you were absolutely drop dead gorgeous, no one is spending the rest of their lives with it. He does know people age, right?

Comments

bikeduster 0

Yea well your boyfriend is a ******* prick

HE NEVER SAID YOU WERE UGLY! MAYBE HE HAS A SPECIFIC LOOK IN MIND!!

He probably didn't mean that you were actually ugly, just not drop dead goregous, and MAYBE he was saying that to clarify that the reason he is with you isn't just because of your looks. Maybe to him personality does matter more. Either way, he's being honest.

OH! and if he's been with you for the last five years, i'm pretty sure he likes at least one of your features.

Maybe he envisioned himself with an ugly person.

He did not say you were ugly, but merely that you did not live up to his **** star standards. However, I do think that if he tells you this after five years, he’s probably met a woman who’s closer to those standards. You can walk out of this relationship knowing you have an amazing personality. He walks out being a douche who will soon get dumped by a girl who “just wanted to have fun”. He’ll be back, just don’t say yes when he will, because I will then doubt your ‘amazing personality’.

Soooo you'de prefer to be lied to? Being with someone for a long time dosent make you more attractive. Shit is still shit a week later. Except now it's older shit. YDI

OLOtheDemigodess 0

how the bloody hell did the OP 'deserve' to be rejected like this just because she may not be absolutely stunning? it's not something you can control!! that 'ydi' was terribly uncalled-for think about what 'ydi' actually means 'you DESERVE it' even if the op is ugly, she does not deserve to live the rest of her life alone and unwanted. you are an idiot.

You should say to him ''If I were concerned about looks I wouldn't be with you would I?,,