By sammarli530 - 29/05/2013 16:24 - United States - New Lenox

Today, after calling the insurance plan for my new iPhone a "huge waste of money", I promptly dropped it in the store while trying to put it into my pocket, cracking the screen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 774
You deserved it 52 152

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's why you never take the chance with an iPhone. You can do that with a Nokia, not iphone

Comments

BubbleGrunge 18

I have insurance because I'm electronically impaired. I've used the insurance a lot and it's been beneficial for me. However, to those who can keep nice things, it is a waste of money.

I have seen so many iPhones with cracked screens and owners counting the days for their two year plan to end. If you don't want insurance at least make sure it's in a protective case. :P

The iPhone shattered previous phone expectations, yet Apple can't seem to ensure their groundbreaking technology won't break.

iPhones and their plans are a big waste of money (in my humble opinion). The sales guy didn't deserve to be told this, however. On he other hand, the OP didn't deserve to be laughed at. So at the end of the day it was kind of a party foul on both ends. Oh well. We are all human. Invest in a better phone (and plan) OP.

jxcala 10

It's really not a waste. My lock button broke and they got me a new one right away. And that's a common problem so I hear.

My lock button is currently broken and Verizon told me they weren't going to fix it. I took it to Apple to see if there was anything they could do to fix it and they said I would have to buy a new iPhone completely...

Funny, my mom had the old iPhone 3 and drop it in her drink (she was drunk )... Everything was fine expect for the button and Apple replace the button for free. No new phone... Just took it apart and replace the button.

jxcala 10

Hmm. Idk why. The Apple store just had me back it up on the iCloud and gave me a new phone.

I was in Blockbuster once and after 7 years of refusing the 25c 'tape protection' fee I finally got it. But only because I accidentally dropped the tape as I was passing it to the cashier. The first words out of my mouth were 'I think I'll take tape protection please'

I think it's time to hop back on your dinosaur..

And this is why I have a Droid. iPhones are too fragile. I've seen the screen shatter the first time someone dropped it. Heck, my friend had an iPhone that mysteriously cracked. She thinks that the heat (It was in her car last summer) made the glass expand or something.

SilverInGray 25

I've seen iPhones break like that, but every one I've ever gotten has been indestructible. I've dropped one off a ledge onto concrete and it was fine, accidentally kicked one at a concert after it fell out of my pocket, had it stepped on, and it just had a small scratch. Maybe I just have good luck with them, though.

There's a reason insurance plans exist, in your case it's to cover your knack to piss of karma and Murphy's law.