By dsamanthas - 23/02/2014 08:10 - United States - Covina

Today, after being worried for a week because my dog wasn't eating, I paid the vet $120 for her to tell me that my dog doesn't like her dog food. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 659
You deserved it 8 329

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened and why OP went to the vet.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#7: Not really. I know FMLs can only be so long, but I got the impression that OP hadn't just switched the dog to a new food that it turns out it didn't like, but instead the dog just stopped eating what it had been eating fine before. We don't really know how it happened in OP's case, but if my dog (who has been on the same food for about 3 years) suddenly stopped eating, I wouldn't automatically think, "She must've just randomly stopped liking this food she's been eating for years."

Comments

I can do one better - my male cat was scooting around and making the occasional sound of distress. I freaked and figured he might have a blocked urethra or ureter, and headed down to the emergency vet. $820 later, I got to find out he was just constipated, and happily rectified the situation by taking a wild dump all over the place once they started poking at him. My summer tuition was only $1,000. :/

I work at a vet hospital and that's a pretty common appointment. Haha. Kudos to you though for taking your dog in. It could have actually been something serious. You get a good owner award!

wysegirl 24

I'm surprised you didn't try adding things to the dog food before taking them to the vet.. I know when we moved it took our dog 2 days to eat her normal dog food so we had to feed her human food since she was pregnant.

that sucks but you can never be too cautious about things that you love.

laurbear87 8

My dog started getting sick of her dry food, so I started buying a couple cans of wet food and mixing just a spoonful or so in with the dry food. Works wonders. A little chicken broth works as well :)

That sucks.. Been there done that. Try blue buffalo wilderness. My dog likes the salmon one. It's expensive but worth it! Petsmart will let u return any opened dog food with in a few days if ur dog doesn't like it or won't eat it.

我想说我养了一只马犬,她什么都喜欢吃,看着她很开心我就很开心。。

Confidentkid 10

At least it was something trivial like that and not something major

zoeaed 2

Get some common sense which apparently isn't so common before getting another life dependent on you