By Anonymous - 09/11/2015 14:58 - United States - Redlands

Today, my mother informed me that she sold my dog to pay off some bills. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 778
You deserved it 1 838

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whatarethisss 23

Sell her car to pay your bills and then tell her about it later.

Comments

whatarethisss 23

Sell her car to pay your bills and then tell her about it later.

How mean have some respect she is the mother..

You're 21 and didn't know respect should be earned, not blindingly given?

#25 How's life with an extra chromosome?

So what you're saying #20 is that we should have respect for the mother and not say things like selling her car for bills, yet it was perfectly fine of the mother to sell OP's dog?

JustinJK 21

Some mothers don't deserve respect

Sell her car to get your dog back and tell her later.

#20 **** your own face. someone sold my dog I'd break every bone in their body.

Wow that's horrible FYL. Hope you can retrieve him/her somehow.

Maybe the dog will break out of wherever it was sold to and be on OP's doorstep tomorrow. And then they make a hallmark movie out of it.

can you be more genius? mothers like that are why murder is not always wrong..

I know how sometimes referencing other FMLs seems cute and clever, but...not with that one.

It would have been wrong to murder Hitler?

HeadlessSparrow 20

Dogs are way more important than paying off bills. I hope you can get your dog back!

goawaybatman 4

If you had the dog tagged or any proof the pup was yours you could tell her get me my dog or I'll see u in court ?

I'm so sorry your mother is such a heartless person OP. Do you think the people who bought the dog would take your mother in trade so you can have her/him back? Seriously though. If you can track them down and explain, they may take a refund. Or if the dog is registered in your name you can report him stolen.

If you reported it stolen that would be a dick move to the person who bought it with money

Except they bought a stolen animal because the dog wasn't hers to sell.

#31 any investigation would fall back on the mother as the one being at fault.

MonstreBelle 28

I really do hope whoever bought the dog does the right thing and gives the dog back. I would be devastated if something like this happened to either of my dogs and I couldn't get them back. I'm sure this must be hard for both OP and the dog.

ninety 25

Still, I believe it's illegal to purchase stolen goods, so once they become aware that the dog was stolen the new owners would be obligated to return it unless they want to face legal action. Although if op has no way of proving they own the dog the cops wouldn't do anything about it. I've know someone who had a puppy stolen out of their house and they found it a few doors down. They would have gotten it back, but they didn't have it chipped or any photos of it with them, so they technically had no proof it was theirs.

If she needed the money for her children's sake I'd understand.

lexiieeex3 32

Still should've talked to OP about it first...

I saw this earlier in the moderation but worded differently. It said that OP doesn't live with their mother. So that means said mother had to of gone to OP's house/apartment and taken the dog.

No, you don't get to sell your child's animal without even talking to them about it first. This was heartless.

animals are family, you don't sell family FOR family

Mathalamus 24

Dog, or electricity, heating, or keep the house? Gee, hard choice... I'd have given up the dog if money was that tight.

And that is the reason why you are heartless.

That would be perfectly fine if it was your dog you were selling. But selling someone else's without permission is NOT ok.

Mathalamus 24

Yeah I get that a lot. Funny thing is, I don't care. I would always put myself and any other human before pets. At least it isn't China.

ballislife2324 14

I agree with 10, if money is tight and you have a choice between keeping my dog or my house, I would sell that dog without any hesitation. However if it isn't your dog and you sell someone else's then that's wrong.

Now would be the time to tell her you've spent the last of her money on dog food and pet toys in some sort of The Gift of the Magi twist.