By Anonymous - 30/08/2019 12:00

Today, after almost a year of dating and getting dumped out of the blue, I found out my ex-girlfriend wants to get a restraining order against me. I guess dropping a box of her things on her porch after she wouldn't answer her phone is considered stalking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 634
You deserved it 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you happen to light that box on fire after dropping it off?

minkyrose 1

Have to hear her side of the story. no one breaks up with someone "out of the blue" after a year, and restraining orders aren't given out willy nilly. I think you're leaving out important bits to make you seem more victim-y.

Comments

Did you happen to light that box on fire after dropping it off?

minkyrose 1

Have to hear her side of the story. no one breaks up with someone "out of the blue" after a year, and restraining orders aren't given out willy nilly. I think you're leaving out important bits to make you seem more victim-y.

Trying to and actually acquiring one are two things... Wondering what her side of the story is though...

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

Well you did go to her house, not everyone can answer the phone

I would have sent a text saying I had a box of her stuff, and she had 24 hours to get it, or it would be destroyed. Easier that way.

turnabouttrial 21

you really couldn't have gotten anyone she knows to pick up her stuff? it's not hard to imagine why someone wouldn't pick up a phone call from an ex or not want them at their house without permission

Major_Haywire 7

Tell the truth, you took a big shite in the box didn’t you 💩 📦

WeirdUS 29

Sounds like something is left out, restraining orders aren't easy to come by. Most don't want their ex calling or just showing up.

Head her off, slash your own tire (make sure you're not on anyone's camera), File a police report naming her as a likely suspect, making sure like she wasn't at work but had no alibi other than "I was at home, alone". Then get your own police report. Well worth the $100+ for the tire.