By Links - 20/11/2009 07:26 - United States

Today, a McDonald's employee had to correct my math after counting out $2.37 in change. I'm in AP Calculus and am currently learning how to find the derivative of an inverse of a logarithm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 066
You deserved it 44 311

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No big deal. Simple mistake. I have a PhD in English and misstype/spell words weekly. That doesn't mean I'm any less intelligent.

popatia 0

Who the **** you think you are that someone from mcdonalds can't be smart? A lot of people work at chain restarunts to pay for school, medical bills, etc.

Comments

eyeballs0_0 0

OBVIOUSLY this asshole is too stupid to understand logarithms therefore they can't understand how to do simple math!!!! it's soo simple people!

perdix 29

You're studying mathematics, but it's your arithmetic that sucks. More accurately, it's your arithmetic with money that less than that of a minimum-wage food worker. The good news is that with you skill in the abstract, but ignorance of common sense, you won't be getting paid too much money, so your errors can only be small. ;)

Psh, I'm a junior physics major in college, and I suck at basic math. Get used to it, the fundamentals will slowly slip away as you use calculators more and more.

athame1983 0

how is this a fml.....i dont get it what, u think that bc ur taking a calculus class u are like the god of math, above making an error?

xavel_fml 0

just cause some1 works at mcdonalds doesnt mean that they are not smart!

You learn to find the derivative of an inverse of a logarithm in grade 12. YDI OP for being such a dumb ass in three ways - counting the change, assuming the McD's employee is a retard, and thinking the derivative is hard.

babelini 12

news flash for u. my neighbour works part time at mcdonalds and she has a masters degree in actuarial science and mathematics. don't think that because they work there they're not smart!

aero_fml 0

YDI for attempting to use complex sounding words to make yourself sound smart

Oh mister big high school math whiz! Look out for this guy, folks! He might be the next Einstein!

sometimes when we take higher levels of math, we forget basic math. i took calc my senior year of high school, and now i'm in math 111 (which is math content for teachers...which is basic math) and i had trouble with long division at first. it's because we don't practice basic math often when we have calculators. :)