By Unemployed - 02/06/2011 04:40 - United States

Today, a customer had an allergic reaction to the almonds in the sundae I made for her. We're supposed to put the almonds on unless the customer asks otherwise. She complained to my boss that I'd poisoned her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 972
You deserved it 3 579

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She really should have told you she was allergic to almonds. Didn't she see them in the sundae?

EffinToofer 3

You should know what's in what you're eating. Especially if you have any allergies. That was not on you, OP. You were just doing your job the way you were taught to do it.

Comments

Honestly? I'm allergic to all nuts and I think it's my responsiblity, not some random stranger's, to make sure I don't eat something I'm allergic to. Here's the other thing. HOW STUPID IS SHE that she doesn't notice a buttload of nuts on her sundae???

The almonds were there to disguise the anthrax and rat poison

I'm an asst manager at a DQ that is why they have signs stating nuts maybe used! and a description of what's in the ice cream so they sue you!

puppyXluvz123 9

Today, i ordered the almond nutty suprise at a local icecream shop. i had a alergic reaction to the almonds, knowing i was alergic to almonds. so i complained and got the order taker in trouble with their boss. FML

This woman should have ******* mentioned she had a nut allergy its her fault not yours

On one hand, nuts are a very common allergy. So your company should prob not put them on, or ask if it's ok. On the other hand, she should be more aware of what she's eating.

That's why people should always alert servers of their allergies. It's also probably best to ask if the customer wants nuts in case idiots like her come around.

I feel this one. When I first started my first job a lady came in and ordered a patty melt. Being new, I only listed the toppings instead of the bread itself. She goes to pick it up and then complains that she is deathly allergic to rye bread.

Wouldn't it make more sense for your company to not put almonds on unless asked?