By Unemployed - 02/06/2011 04:40 - United States

Today, a customer had an allergic reaction to the almonds in the sundae I made for her. We're supposed to put the almonds on unless the customer asks otherwise. She complained to my boss that I'd poisoned her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 972
You deserved it 3 579

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She really should have told you she was allergic to almonds. Didn't she see them in the sundae?

EffinToofer 3

You should know what's in what you're eating. Especially if you have any allergies. That was not on you, OP. You were just doing your job the way you were taught to do it.

Comments

Okay, with this woman's reasoning, every customer ever served at any place that sells any sort of food/drink, the employee must run through a detailed and complex list of the ingredients incase a customer is too dumb to check that their allergy isn't in the food. Which is not right. If I had an allergy I would double check with everything I ate, especially if the allergy was severe. What I can't understand is pretty much every food establishment I have ever been to that has nuts as a deliberate part of the cooking/dish [Like this sundae with almonds rather than "May contain traces of nuts from processing line"] has the ingredients or a warning label on the menu. This woman is all kinds of dumb for not checking [Considering the sundae was probably called "Blahblahblah with almonds" or "Almond sundae", I hope she isn't anaphylactic and just will get a rash rather than a severe life-threatening reaction.

whybother8 0

ok this is way to long. Get a life and stop worrying about an FML that is probably just made up. You have something better to do with your life than sit on this sight and write essays for comments.

jennt89 10

Considering that so many people are allergic to nuts, that's a stupid policy.

ydnar 5

Seems to me as long as the almonds were ok it's her responsibility to know if she's eating something she's allergic to. Hope your boss was on your side.

SteelCladAngel 0

anyone else think the customer was just saying she was allergic and possibly being sue happy? ((I'd tell the lunch ladies I was Allergic to peanuts to get out of eating pb&j sandwiches if I had forgotten/couldn't bring lunch money)) what kind of person who has allergies to certain things doesn't ask if that specific item is in their food?

shouldnt someone with a nut allergy always ask? what a dumb shit... haha

Um, on the menu is supposed to say what's in the sundae. Why didn't she just check that? Pff dumbass.

rhpsfan9 10

I work at Denny's and most common reason is that people want a discount or free food. if theirs a picture it's defiantly not your fault and if she's highly allergic to something she should have told you (most people do). if their wasn't a picture you should probably verify if they want everything that's on a Sunday first.

What a bitch!! Hope you sin't lose your job