By Unemployed - 02/06/2011 04:40 - United States

Today, a customer had an allergic reaction to the almonds in the sundae I made for her. We're supposed to put the almonds on unless the customer asks otherwise. She complained to my boss that I'd poisoned her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 972
You deserved it 3 579

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She really should have told you she was allergic to almonds. Didn't she see them in the sundae?

EffinToofer 3

You should know what's in what you're eating. Especially if you have any allergies. That was not on you, OP. You were just doing your job the way you were taught to do it.

Comments

i think its a little obvious when there are nuts in ur sundea -_-

wow where do you work at? With nut allergies so common I'm surprised your company does that.

rawrdiinosaurrz 0

first she should've asked if it had any nuts and most ice cream places have pictures and so if the picture had nuts in it or the title did, she shouldn't have been like oh i dont want freakin nuts but the server must know AND most ice cream places have things that say " please tell us if you have a nut allergy or product may contain nuts" or something like that.. honestly some people need to go back to school or get a new brain... and i'm sorry OP you had to put up with this lady and that you got fired for something that was not your fault.

You can't always blame the customer. Maybe she couldn't see the signs. The store could've asked the customer if they wanted nuts on them. Isn't that what most stores do? I don't think the store has all the items listed in something like a restaurant would... It's like if you don't want sprinkles on ice cream, but they put it on without asking you. The cashier would usually ask if you would like sprinkles. (You kinda get my point here) The customer still sounds stupid for saying you poisoned her.

DisappearingRose 18

It's her fault, she should've seen them.

ckjacques53198 0

Did people always have so many food allergies? wtf

needed more almonds; then she wouldn't complain.

damonlover18 0

wow thats stupid how were you suppose to know?!?!?

Your employer is a moron then. It's a lot more dangerous to assume someone is not allergic than to assume that they are.

Oh of course. We should make every ingredient in food safe for people who might be allergic to it. In fact, might as well have taken the milk out of the Sundae too in case she was lactose intolerant.