By Anonymous - 04/06/2014 13:56 - United States

Today, a coworker asked me why this week's report was not uploaded to the server. I've been writing these reports once a week for a year and they take a whole day to write. Upload them to what server? FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 930
You deserved it 6 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dont worry, the NSA uploads them automatically

Comments

The way I interpret this is that another co-worker has been taking OP's work and uploading it to a server, which may or may not be authorized, without the OP's knowledge and now he/she is finding out be cause they failed to upload the most recent one. I'd definitely be checking with the boss.

onceugoasian 1

Why wouldn't they give you clarification? I'm a Project Manager. ... If one of my crew members doesn't do something right, I let them know and train them so they don't make the same mistake again. However, after that, it's they're responsibly to follow procedures.

XTheDesertSongX 17

In my opinion, if you've never heard about it or gotten in trouble about it before, your coworker is ******* with you or doesn't know what (s)he's talking about.

RebelNikita 3

very well put & good point

tehdarkness 21

He probably just said "server" to sound smart. I'll bet it's actually a shared hard drive.

Man that sucks, but I'm assuming you've got most of that stuff on your desktop/hard drive and can go back and upload it. Hopefully it'll work out.

Yeah I'm sorry but I really don't understand what about this exactly is the FML part. This could go several different directions. Either OP has somehow been doing his job wrong for over a year and no one has noticed, or said coworker is completely clueless as to where the reports are typically stored. But then again the specific mentioning of the reports taking a whole day to write makes me wonder if knowledge of this server would've been making his job easier? Yeah, I'm confused. Also, I apologize for being confused so I would appreciate responses around helping me understand this FML as opposed to people just called me stupid for not understanding.

RebelNikita 3

you are not stupid...it can go so many different ways, I agree...lm not sure wich one tho lolz