By Anonymous - 06/06/2013 12:38

Today, at the office, my most annoying client asked me to send her a document. I have now sent it to her over 5 times, in a different format each time, and every single time she replies with, "Not in the requested format". She won't tell me what the requested format is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 332
You deserved it 4 406

Same thing different taste

Comments

Why did you reply to number 1? To be on top? Attention *****.

Chill a bit. No need to be that mean. It's not just you though, I say this because I see it a lot; people getting toung lashings for not much at all. FML is a pretty aggressive, petty and mean-spirited place sometimes... it doesn't give a lot of desire to try to get amical with anyone around. Yea so some people deserve it, but no reason to hop to verbally bitch-slapping anyone and everyone around when the oppurtunity presents itself. Wish people could be more reasonable and kind.

26 - Its okay. 21 is only like this once a month.

crispy174 7

He just burnt yo foshiznits

Murilirum 23

That's when you send her a .exe file that deletes her operating system file.

friedpwnadge 25

If she won't tell you the requested format yet demands it, tell her you will send we the requested format as soon as she tells you what it was if she really wants it.

What if she wants it in paper format? Because no one uses it anymore

Tell her she didn't request a format if she didn't request a format. Simple yes?

tjv3 10

Well that's when you start charging her a change order fee or a document reproduction fee or an account administration fee

Dude, your comment is invalid. We went over this, that's not the requested format!

She might've set that as her automated response email (like a vacation response) just to mess with you.

Tell her off and then go get a beer...hopefully she isn't a very important client.

"Keeping a job 101" Chapter 1: Get the job. Chapter 2: Make some clients. Chapter 3: Tell your client to **** off! Chapter 4: Get a beer.

gemstone586 12

#2 didn't say to tell her to eff off, first of all. Secondly, grab a beer after work, nothing wrong with that.. Gees..

90- Uhh, yeah, she did. That's what "tell her off" means.

"tell her off" means something more like "reprimand" but more angry I think. It definitely doesn't mean "tell her to f*** off."

pwnman 33

what's funny, is that the guy talking about 3 and 9 thinking alike, is #39 to comment :p

BradTheBrony 19

Okay this is just amazing what's going on here with the numbers and the counting and the razzle-frazzle bippity bop! I think I went Bill Cosby for a second. I'm okay now, guys, it's fine.

Anyone doing the lottery this weekend should choose 3, 9 & 39...

Pleonasm I didn't want to like your comment because you already had 39 likes.........

Bree12345 15

She wants to make your life hell

I think you are right. Send her a message that as she is unable to tell you what format she wants, you are unable to comply with her request. As soon as she is able to let you know what the required format is, you will be happy to send her the requested file. Word that nice and polite, cc it to your manager. You are done. Every time she sends you the request, send her a form of this reply until she does.

Is there anyone else you can ask about this? If there's no one in your office, maybe google can be helpful.

Google search: "what format does my client want her document in?" I don't think the results are going to be specific enough for OP :/

Well, if it's a standard technician or processing job, a few key words in the search bar should be helpful.

I want Google to offer this crystal ball app.

Misskayfoyer 14

I'm sure op did. Hence the "she won't tell me..." part

feldco1 17

Refuse to send it until she tells you the format? Realistically she's only wasting both of your guys time by not doing so

I hope she's being charged by the hour. So many hours wasted changing the format = so much commission!

jdimaria3 13

Well, considering the author explicitly states "she won't tell me what the requested format is", I don't think asking would work.

Save it as an all-format file, then she can pick which she wants on her end.

Murilirum 23

Yeah, anything that defaults to opening with Internet Explorer. It's call the pop-ups of death.

Maybe she'll tell you if you ask her what it is. For all we know, she may think she told you and thinks you're just stupid.

CharresBarkrey 15

"She won't tell me what the requested format is."

Loosely speaking, that phrasing could mean that OP expected her to have told OP but she didn't, and it sounds a lot less lazy than saying "she still hasn't told me which format to use." I highly doubt that the lady, when asked "which format do you want?" would just tell OP to **** off. She's "annoying", not psychotic.