I'm not paid enough for this shit

By FabFor87 - 19/12/2016 16:15 - United Kingdom - Stockport

Today, my boss asked me to send an email on his behalf with an important report attached. I've already received 3 responses from directors commenting on poor spelling and factual errors. I get paid 1/4 the salary of my boss and he can't even write properly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 774
You deserved it 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It doesn't, but it's still not a good look when you can't thoroughly proofread the reports you're sending out. OP said that there weren't only spelling errors, but factual ones too, and things like that may seem insignificant, but they can easily cause a whole host of problems.

You don't have to be deserving to be the boss. You need to have the right DNA.

Comments

And that's why whenever I send something on someone's behalf, I let the receiver know. Remember next time OP.

Actually I think the directors did know it was from the boss's behalf and just reported the spelling and grammar mistakes which made OP realize that his boss makes four times his salary through he can't spell/have proper grammar. Summary, OP is just pointing out the "unfairness".

species4872 19

Dreamlover, I never thought of it that way. You could be right but I was thinking, making it more of an FML, that they thought it was the OP.

We're going to have a president who uses the word "bigly." And do I have to mention W's command of the English language? There's not much preventing illiterates from rising to power.

You don't have to be deserving to be the boss. You need to have the right DNA.

I don't mean to defend trump but bigly is a real word.

It's archaic which means it's not used in modern speech. It'd be like using thou and thine. You'd sound like a nut.

ertyo 8

I've actually read some mail conversations between my boss and our clients. High-class business men. I almost couldn't understand what was going on and what was the subject because of spelling errors and typos. Not only my boss', but those company owner's spelling, too. English is not our and our client's mother language, but if I can spell-check a report before sending it to the whole company, why can't they?

His spelling does not define the rest he's probably doing for the company though

It doesn't, but it's still not a good look when you can't thoroughly proofread the reports you're sending out. OP said that there weren't only spelling errors, but factual ones too, and things like that may seem insignificant, but they can easily cause a whole host of problems.

This is a YDI. You need to check what you send if you're sending it without mentioning your boss' name, else explicitly mention it.

Possibly you have to learn to understand "boss speak". When mine says "I'm going to ... city tomorrow" I'm not supposed to say "Have a nice trip" but to make all reservations and possibly visas too. When your boss says "send" it apparently means "proofread, revise, and update".