Thoughts and prayers

By bad blood, no shit - 03/12/2011 01:35 - United States

Today, my husband and I went to my overbearing mom's 57th birthday party. He opened his gift in front of her and said smugly, "The makeup's for your face, and the prayer book's for the fat rolls." Any hope of family peace is now lost. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 313
You deserved it 3 794

Same thing different taste

Comments

Her boyfriend bought his mother-in-law a gift for her birthday and at the party he opened it for her and explained why he bought what he did. Comprendo?

My mom is hardly an angel, but I would dump any guy who couldn't at least be civil to her at a party. It shows a total lack of respect for you. Not saying he has to like her, but she's your mom, and she's not going anywhere. Your boyfriend sounds like a total douche.

swimmy924 0

I'm just confused as to why the husband was opening up his mother-in-law's gift? The rest of it I got, but that was confusing...

toalysium 15

The husband's mother-in-law is the wife's overbearing mother, dumbass.

He understood that part. He wants to know why the husband opened her gift.

Ok so her HUSBAND (not her boyfriend) bought her mom a present but he opened it for her before she could do it herself (since he didn't like her). So the birthday was for his mother-in-law and it is considered his gift because he brought it. Get it?

SIRIN, shut down the comments immediately. The stupidity is lowering my I.Q. close to retardation levels...

Um ok so what ur saying is ur husband opened ur moms present for her explaining what each item he got for her was ment for?

The__Redneck 7

--THE_A_TEEN: Then flying spaghetti monster bless your souls, but seems like on this site / app people with a brain are one tiny minority, no? Especially the kids.-- If you're making "flying spaghetti monster" references... you are not a part of that tiny minority. The reason it's confusing is because OP said he opened his gift, when it was clearly her gift. Easy enough to clear up, I thought, but how much time do you want to waste trying to feel superior about it?

Use the reply button, you derp-tard. From your profile: "Strong Christian, proud Southron, firm conservative, and cantankerous old bastard." Yeah, says all that needs to be said doesn't it? Is the poor little Christian crying over the poor little non religious person using an FSM joke? Aww. Grow up.

It clearly states HUSBAND read it again FFS

monqueezy 3

I'm confused. I don't understand. Ydi.