Thieves like us

By Bummer - 30/10/2009 02:00 - United States

Today, I found my checking and savings account to both read $0.00. My parents transferred all my money to theirs because "I'm irresponsible, and not fit to handle money." I'm a 3.8 college student and have a full-time job. They are currently unemployed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 886
You deserved it 3 893

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well are you 18 or older? If so, you should have to sign permissions for those things. Report it to your bank. If you're a minor, well, definitely FYL.

Okay, first of all: your life does indeed suck. That's terrible. Second of all: why do they have access to your account? Shut that down, bro.

Comments

its ur fault if ur STUPID enough to let ur PARENTS access to ur BANK ACCOUNT

same as iamSpartacus. if they're unemployed they would steal your money

kill them and harvest their organs for money

g4bandit 0

Take them to small claims court if your over 18 and they wont give it back. That is definitely illegal.

Ok for all you ******* morons out there the OP probably has too much time on there hands to worry about their parents stealing money from them, and the joint account was probably set up so they could deposit money into the account in case the OP needed money.

First of all, you need to be telling the absolute truth for what I'm about to say. YOUR PARENTS CANNOT HOLD YOUR MONEY without your permission. so, your an idiot. you need to transfer your funds to a seperate account they have no control over and then you need to get your money back, probably through small claims court. DO NOT keel over and take this in the ass they may be your parents but they sound like dumbasses to me.

If it was a joint account, you're ******. Plain and simple. If I were you, I'd try to get it back from your parents. And they won't give it back, call them out for being the lazy, mooching, classless ***** they are, close down the bank account you had with them, and open a new one that they have no access to. All this assuming you are at least 18.

Improbability 0

All of you that think your parents couldn't get in to your bank account if it wasn't shared are really, really naive. I have had plenty of dealings with the bank in which no photo ID was requested. And you can bet that your parents are going to know all the pertinent numbers. Hell, to withdraw money from inside takes a slip of paper with the account number and amount, and sometimes a security question. What you wanna bet your mother knows her maiden name? If your parents' names are on the account, you're just making it easier. But unless you bank with a really strict bank, you're kidding yourself if you think they can't get in to it if they wanted to. If crooks and cheats can committ identity fraud on you, you can bet your parents can! FYL. I hate reading about horrible parents like this. So, go open up a new account, at a new bank, and don't let them know it exists. Treat your parents like an abusive husband you're creating an escape plan from. They've earned it.