The scene

By Goober - 05/06/2023 06:00

Today, I found a curly hair in my fries at a restaurant. It was disgusting, so I screamed at my waiter. To my surprise, they kicked me out of the restaurant for, "making a scene". They wouldn’t even replace my fries. When did the customer stop being right? FML
I agree, your life sucks 204
You deserved it 3 213

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you should consider acting like an adult first instead of a toddler having a tantrum and then they’ll consider listening to you. Just a hunch.

Around the same time said custome started being a complete d*ck...

Comments

Around the same time said custome started being a complete d*ck...

Maybe you should consider acting like an adult first instead of a toddler having a tantrum and then they’ll consider listening to you. Just a hunch.

FYL? F that waiter's life for being screamed at by an adult who should know better but can't stop themselves from behaving like a child. I'd have thrown you out too, and banned you. Learn how to act like a reasonable human being next time.

"the customer is always right in matters of taste" the waiter didn't put the hair there. it's never acceptable to throw a tantrum and scream at people. be thankful they didn't have you arrested. grow up

Free upgrade to curly fries? Where's the problem? That's usually a $1.50 upgrade at least.

Is this a joke? Or did you not see that they said a curly hair? Either way should never scream at a waitress

It's common knowledge that RichardPencil is rarely serious. He makes jokes, admitedly, not always in the best taste, but he is almost never serious. I say "he", could be "she or they".

ODBeefalo 10

the customer stopped being right the instant the customer started screaming at the staff... The thing people seem not to understand, I think pit of stupidity, is that the customer will generally get their way even in today society but the reason FB is full of customers getting laughed at is they act like children trying to get their way... I have gotten free food by pointing out something that was odd, and not even asking for free food. I just asked if it was normal and they gave me fresh food plus my food that had nothing wrong with it. I have gotten free coffees dozens of times from tired staff grabbing smaller cups and giving me the wrong size for free with my drink. treat workers like people and they are good to you 9 out of 10 times (unless a manager is there then they are by the book)

1. "The Customer is Always Right" refers to stocking products that your customer base wishes to purchase if you're a business owner. IE: If everyone comes in looking for pink hats, and you insist you'll only ever carry green, well, you probably won't get much business. 2. (More importantly!!) Let's review your situation here: You found a foreign object in your food and were understandably unhappy about that. Why would your go-to move be to immediately start screaming at the waiter? Why not, I dunno, politely get their attention, show them the problem, calmly, and then request an equal replacement that is not contaminated? This is a wonderful example of you starting off as the aggrieved party and then behaving so horridly that you became the party that was firmly, extremely in the wrong. And this is by your own biased telling of events, where you present the most flattering version of your actions. I shudder to imagine just how abusive you were towards the poor waiter. So, perhaps, for future reference, a reasonable, much less-entitled, polite approach is the better and more effective way to get what you want.

Are you trolling or really so much of a screaming Karen that you have zero comprehension of your own behaviour?

The customer stopped being right when he became a jackass. Next question?

I had a kids toy launched in my drink when I went out the other night, no fit thrown by me. One of the people I was with starting making a scene and got told by me to stfu. Apparently you needed someone to tell you the same thing. Making scenes won't get anything accomplished but you broadcasting your own childish behavior for everyone to see (and they won't forget. You're going to be mentioned at everyone's work now as 'this one lady lost her fricken mind over something so stupid!', I promise.)