The lifescript

By RowanBlossom - 07/07/2020 05:01

Today, I found out that my mother doesn’t visit me because I'm the only sibling without children. She posts all about her wonderful children on social media, but I'm left out. She hasn't set foot in my house since I moved out of hers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 764
You deserved it 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rotflqtms_ 21

At least you don't have to worry about her being judgemental of how you keep your house decorated or anything.

Have you invited her over. Maybe go to their houses. Do things with her. Make a plan with her. Go shopping, see a show, have dinner with her. It’s a two way street.

Comments

rotflqtms_ 21

At least you don't have to worry about her being judgemental of how you keep your house decorated or anything.

Have kids. How hard can that be? You want to be in your mom's good graces, don't you?

For those who downvoted Richard, I believe he is being sarcastic.

Have you invited her over. Maybe go to their houses. Do things with her. Make a plan with her. Go shopping, see a show, have dinner with her. It’s a two way street.

Nah, Robert, the mom's just a bitch.

Lora Wood 11

Who cares? Find and old woman's pictures and post about all the fun stuff you 2 are doing.

Yummi_913 18

Sounds more like you're dodging a bullet. You want her to use you to get to your children? Trust me, it's not much better than the alternative. It won't hurt any less either.

Have you invited her over? You are without kids, so you don't have to deal with packing them all up to go over to moms, so why don't you go over there? or go over with your siblings and her?

Is it worth the trouble when OP's mother is clearly playing favourites?

Why should OP put so much effort towards a toxic parent?

Your mother sounds incredibly toxic. It's better that you keep your distance. At least she's not making that part difficult for you.

Also, I recommend keeping away from her social media pages if they just bring you down.

Mathalamus 24