The GOP approves

By DianneG - 01/02/2023 02:00

Today, my 36 year-old ex-husband is engaged to my 18 year-old little sister. She’s graduating from high school in May of this year. Our divorce was finalized 3 months ago. My life should be a reality drama show. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 293
You deserved it 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lalalaila777 24

he was likely grooming her as a minor, that's disgusting, im sorry for both you and your sister

otomefangirl 1

Ewww how disgusting. Your ex husband is a pedophile! He literally waited for her to be barely legal, and she’s not even out of high school?! I’m turning 18 in February and I can’t imagine marrying a 36 year old man.

Comments

otomefangirl 1

Ewww how disgusting. Your ex husband is a pedophile! He literally waited for her to be barely legal, and she’s not even out of high school?! I’m turning 18 in February and I can’t imagine marrying a 36 year old man.

I'm guessing the little sister is not as ageist as you.

Vesi 29

At 19 I married a 33 year old. We were together 24 wonderful years before he was killed. Also, pedophile is someone attracted to pre-pubescent children, not someone attracted to physically mature people.

lalalaila777 24

he was likely grooming her as a minor, that's disgusting, im sorry for both you and your sister

The real kicker for that age gap is even if it works eventually he'll be 70 and falling apart and she'll still be a capable working adult at 50. Bridging that gap is only going to get harder for them.

Haha, you're funny. Once she hits 30, he'll dump her for another teenager. The sad truth is that a man of any age with some real money can win over a subset of much younger women.

Sonotsuave 35

Yeah that’s pretty nasty, and sounds like he’s somewhat of a predator in the situation, or at least definitely taking advantage. She likely doesn’t know what she’s doing due to being young and dumb, but she’s about to learn the hard way real quick. I doubt it’s going to work out for long between them.

That is absolutely disgusting. Go no contact from both of them. If you have children with him, seek full custody.