The Crying Game

By Anonymous - 30/09/2019 12:00

Today, I noticed that my weekend hobby is crying. I live in a city where I don't have a single friend or relative. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 574
You deserved it 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you try making friends where you live? Have you run out of friends or relatives to call during the weekend? If you did, psychologists and help lines (phone or chat) can help. Psys are there to listen to you when no one will. Call now!

Don’t stay home and cry! Go out! Go to a pub, coffee shop, or the park. You won’t meet people staying home. Join a class or club. Smile and be friendly to people.

Comments

Did you try making friends where you live? Have you run out of friends or relatives to call during the weekend? If you did, psychologists and help lines (phone or chat) can help. Psys are there to listen to you when no one will. Call now!

Don’t stay home and cry! Go out! Go to a pub, coffee shop, or the park. You won’t meet people staying home. Join a class or club. Smile and be friendly to people.

bl3ur0z3 17

Get a hobby and pursue it. You'll find others pursuing the same hobby, with whom you have an automatic common interest. For instance, I got into Pokemon Go to hang out with my son. I now have friends within the community who I play with. I used to go out and play poker in a local league. It's been years since I played, but I still have some of those friends and acquaintances. Similarly, i dated a guy in a bowling league. He has friends he's made there. So no hobby is off limits, get yourself out there.

When I moved across the country, I used the Meetup app to find activities I like and met people that way. You should try it if you can. Good luck!

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

I have the same hobby but i do it every day so beat that!

You should start a crying meetup. Many people do it without realizing it's a legit hobby.

are you in Germany by any chance? story of my life.

Try some self love. Go find a hobby or something you enjoy and so it just for you. I know it sounds boring, and it might be at first but then you will start to realize something you like to do when you have alone time.

I moved mikes from home 5 years ago, work reasons. I went to a local coffee and cake morning, I started volunteering there for 3 hours one day a week. I now have local friends of all ages, a fun social life and feel like I’m home.