The cliché

By Anonymous - 26/07/2013 00:13 - South Africa

Today, I realised that I can tell my 6 cats apart by the sound of their paws on the carpet. I think I need friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 504
You deserved it 9 661

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dinosxxrawr 22

who needs friends when you have cats.

ClumsyKee 14

But...they're your friends, right? There is never a limit to kitties. Plus, they don't judge you...quite as harshly. ;)

Comments

You have a clowder, and it's perfectly fine by my standards!

graceinsheepwear 33

I just learned a new word! Cool!

6 is too many, plus cats don't really care about you, they only want attention when they need you for something, they're pretty independent. They can't replace a person.......or a dog.

lol Dogs don't really care about you, they just care that they get food and water. If someone else adopted your dog and gave it food, it wouldn't give a shit that you weren't around. Cats don't care about you either, but at least they don't fake it like dogs do :P

skyeyez9 24

BS. My husband was deployed for a year and when he came home, our dogs went apeshit. They were so happy he was home. My husband drove a diesel truck and every time a vehicle that sounded like his drove past, the dogs would rush to the window expecting to see him. Then when they realized it wasn't him, they got all sad. And just laid down, got all quiet and lethargic. Dogs miss you when you are gone.

Dogs will always be mans best friend. You don't really get that companionship from any other pet, and not to mention the loyalty. Don't ever recall hearing about a cat who saved his owner.

In 1999 a cat named coffee saved his owner John Chislett from death by fire by biting his nose and batting at him until he woke up and got the hell out of the house. There was also a woman named Kimberley Kotar who was saved when her cat jumped between her and and an Eastern Cottonmouth snake before it struck. A man named Michael Edmonds had/has a cat named Tee Cee who is trained to alert his wife when Michael is about to have an epileptic fit. Now you have heard of three. Cats and dogs are equally as loving as long as the right animal is paired with the right owner. As with other humans, you are not guaranteed to be best friends with your cat or dog just because you own the house and food.

Wow cool stories about cats, I clearly prefer a dog and that's just my opinion. I've never had a positive experience with a cat.

Also, there's the blind cat, Homer, that saved his human from a would-be stabber by jumping on the dude and scratching the crap out of his face. There's even a book about that one.

got to the same conclusion after i read "6 cats"

There's a chance you could at least use someone to talk to who'll talk back.

...can't everyone do this? Oh God I might be *that* girl...

OP, that's actually impressive! (Since usually cats don't make much noise at all.) ******* mastery.

I don't see how this is a problem. In fact, it could be really useful! Okay, not really, but at least you know which cat is trying to approach you/sneak up on you. I don't have enough cats to have this talent (at least, not yet anyway :))

skyeyez9 24

I can tell my dogs apart from the way their paws sound on the wood floor. It just means you know your pets well.

katina1236 20

Don't worry op I'm the same way, only I have 3 cats not 6

katina1236 20

Don't worry op I'm the same way, only I have 3 cats not 6