The big time

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Des Moines

Today, I found out that my parents spent all of the money in my college fund to pay for my cat to be flown to LA and audition for a movie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 389
You deserved it 4 167

Top comments

inkdeath87 18

Your parents are really stupid. Sacrificing your education for a cat is just horrible parenting.

Comments

If it becomes a big star, you get 10% of the cut. No, make it 50%.

What? Just WHAT? Your parents are A***EHOLES!

I'm having a hard time understanding what the extra astricks are for....and the 'e'...

Well if your cat gets the part, you might be rich! (if your cat decided to share)

I'm so sorry op! that's horrible, even more so because they're your parents.

qpsarah 10

Unless you put forth the money yourself, get over it. It was their money to begin with and while yes, their priorities are skewed, it still is THEIRS. I have to pay for school myself, lots of people do.

True, but it would be awful to grow up thinking you had your tuition set and then find out it's gone. Now they don't have the time to save up for it. Maybe they should have saved up for it to begin with, but why would they if they were under the impression they didn't need to?

Sure hope your cat got the part so you can go to college

I'm thinking they came up with this elaborate story because they didn't want to tell you there really never was a college fund AND your cat died.

Hopefully your cat will be in a meow mix commercial.

um do u live in Egypt or something or did ur cat fly presidential 1st class and was put up at the Hilton with all the cat nip it can get....iv shipped a few pets over states from florida to Seattle and NY to San Fran, it wasnt cheap but it wasnt over any thousand bucks, im just sayin