The big time

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Des Moines

Today, I found out that my parents spent all of the money in my college fund to pay for my cat to be flown to LA and audition for a movie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 389
You deserved it 4 167

Top comments

inkdeath87 18

Your parents are really stupid. Sacrificing your education for a cat is just horrible parenting.

Comments

badluckdawson 19

How does someone deserve this?

KiddoKS 19

This is the second fml in a row you've posted this. Someone is ALWAYS going to vote ydi, just as sure as you're gonna die and pay taxes :)

perdix 29

#13, maybe the parents know the OP is an idiot, and if he or she can even slog through school, they'd end up with a useless degree and wind up with the same menial job they could have gotten straight out of high school, except with a mountain of debt. That's one way the OP could deserve it!

Unfortunately the cost to buy a cat a plane ticket plus some head shots (presumably) is relatively small, so this "college fund" probably didn't have enough in it even to pay for your books.

Wowxoxo 17

Agreed, in fact the amount seems small enough that her parents can probably reimburse her later in life. And there was poor planning on that fund.

Isnt it better to have little than nothing? The amount of money they blew off on tickets could be for all OP's books or fee's for a whole year. Not all universities/colleges are Harvard type expensive either..

Maybe OP is young enough that they spent all of what they've invested thus far. You know if you're say 13 there's still time to build it up. Unfortunately time won't exactly make up what has already been spent.

KiddoKS 19

57, I'm gonna start by saying I don't agree with how op's parents spent the money. It would have been better used towards books,etc. It just frustrates me how naive people can be about how much college costs. 1 credit hour at a community college near me is $100. That's $1200 just to go full time a half a year, and it doesn't include books or lab fees, etc. Eastern Michigan is $265 a credit and don't get me started on UofM. A bachelors degree is ballpark 120 credits. Thats five years if you're only taking 12 credits a semester. Higher education in the US is expensive, not just Harvard. I just wish more people were aware because I feel it is a major problem in the US

I'm afraid there wasn't much money left after OPs parents had built their hobbit house in the back yard.

ShinedownLuv 14

Tell your cat to break a leg!

Well lets pray she gets the part so you get your money back!

Your college fund must have been horribly disappointing if that was all it took to drain it.

perdix 29

Maybe you could become the cat's PA (pussy assistant) and not have to waist yore time with all that fancy-ass, hi-falutin' book larnin'.

Your cat could end up bringing in money!?

You'll get all the money from the cats movie career!

That's horrible op make them pay you back! Fyl

Hope to see your pussy on the big screen soon ;-)

perdix 29

#30, although it's more likely that it'll be widely seen on the small screen, go viral and end up at the VD clinic.