The best day of your life

By How's the salmon? - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my drunken mother shouted at me at the top of her lungs, "All men are fucking assholes, and your new husband is no different!" during our wedding reception. All he did was ask her how she liked the salmon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 550
You deserved it 3 147

Top comments

gaydragon 13

She's really representing women well eh?

Comments

Anyone who compares a woman who wants equal rights for her gender to the person responsible for the Holocaust deserves all the negativity they get.

Honestly it was very rude of her to get drunk and create a scene on YOUR wedding day.

don't let her EVER see the grandkids... she's a ******* psycho!

For anyone saying to stop blaming feminism for this because it's not feminism....that's why OP said "feminazi" not "feminist". Feminazi = radical, extreme misandry, hatred of men, etc. Feminist = person in support of and/or fighting for equality. There is a difference.

Maybe your mom's giving you a hint about your new husband's true colors, OP. Or maybe she's just having a bad day.

Actually she's a a Misandrist, not a feminist, or 'feminazi' as you so kindly put it. Common misconception that feminists are 'man-haters' but that's actually the literal definition of Misandry. Feminists are actually for equality of all genders and are called so because it is the feminine qualities that society puts down. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Misandrists and misogynists are pretty terrible to deal with in general but to have one as a parent would be a nightmare.

You guys say feminism is for equality. I will show right now how it never went for equality. 1839 and the custody of infants act and Caroline Norton. This was the foundation of the tender years doctrine. This stated that all children under the age of seven be given to the mother. In 1873, this expanded to all children under the age of 16. This remained until the end of the 20th century. Next is world war 1 and the white feather movement. Shamed men into fighting which led to them dying en masse. Alice Paul then introduced the equal rights amendment. This would make men and women 100 hundred percent equal. Feminists shot it down in 1923 because women would lose all privileges that they currently had. 1971 and Erin Pizzey, opened England's first domestic violence shelters. She noticed a lot of the women coming in were crazier then the men. Feminists were so enraged by the idea that they threaten her out of England and into America. They followed her and continued harassing her. They shot her dog and stole two others. Feminism then created the Duluth model which blames all domestic violence on men. Dispute being debunked in 1999 by its co founder, it is still the cornerstone of all domestic violence support across America. It is the reason there is zero domestic violence shelters for men. You also can't forget about S.C.U.M.

Look, you feminists can't take that your movement never went for equality so you just thumbs down my comment. Typical feminists.

The real question is why are you posting an FML on your wedding night? Your new husband may be posting one about you right now... IJS