The best day of your life

By How's the salmon? - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my drunken mother shouted at me at the top of her lungs, "All men are fucking assholes, and your new husband is no different!" during our wedding reception. All he did was ask her how she liked the salmon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 550
You deserved it 3 147

Top comments

gaydragon 13

She's really representing women well eh?

Comments

Don't blame feminism for your ill mannered mother's behavior.

She blamed feminazis, not feminists. Feminazis are the ones like OP's mother, who just want to hate men. Feminists are the ones supporting equality. There is a difference.

oh the joy of in laws said no one ever lol time to look forward to just you and the husband kiving your love life together something tells me mom is just bitter

I'm sorry your mother was (is?) a drunk ass. That has absolutely nothing to do with feminism, however.

bandgeek845 10

Those are the kind of people who give feminism a bad name. They're called misandrists: people who think women are superior to men. Misogynist: men are better than women Feminist: men and women are equal Misandrist: women are better than men

THANK YOU. Clearly this story does give real feminists a bad name and this clarification was awesome to everyone. You rock, bandgeek845 :)

Want me to prove to you how feminism has never gone for equality?

nitrog100 21

I honestly don't get why the majority of you people think the term 'feminazi' is never appropriate. This is a perfect example of the right situation to use it. OP describes her mother as a radical feminist who has clearly expressed her hatred of men. I hate to break it to you, folks, but that's the very definition of a 'feminazi'. If we keep getting offended and changing the terminology every time someone uses an accurate phrase as an insult, e.g idiot becoming retarded, retarded becoming intellectually disabled, intellectually disabled becoming developmentally challenged, etc., we're going to reach a finite combination of words in the English language.

It's because 'Feminazi' was invented by a right-wing pundit who used it to apply to any woman to the left of Reagan.

then it's time to learn a new language.

Wait hold on... Did you really just try to justify using the word retarded?

She's old enough to have an adult child. She should be old enough to know whether she needs to watch how much she's drinking at her offspring's wedding.

lady_lipz 7

I'd say your husband is the bigger person, AND a smart man. You've honestly got yourself a keeper!

Nice job with the name calling. Calling anyone a feminazi is an automatic YDI because you're evidently an asshole.