That backfired

By Alexander D. - 14/07/2012 00:48 - United States

Today, I was fired for telling a customer's kid to shut his mouth. As revenge, I sent the CEO a picture I acquired months ago of my boss drunkenly pissing on a cow. He wrote that it was the funniest thing he had ever seen, and that I am "clearly an insufferable killjoy; a total liability to the company." FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 673
You deserved it 37 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mate, no matter how bratty the kid is, suck it up and be nice. It's your job and you're there to serve the customer.

You are stupid if you think you can tell a customer's kid to shut their mouth, even if they do need to.

Comments

lizlala 15

If the child was really noisy and bothered other customers, I think you should've asked the mother to quiet it down. On the other side, if there are noisy children around me, I just stop talking and stare at the kid/parent untill it shuts up >.>

you don't tell kids to shut it. There are nicer ways to talk to people, and children. Also, trying to get revenge on your boss like that is immature. Besides, if your boss wasn't working at the time that photo was taken, its not really any of his bosses buisness.

I've worked in customer service before and I agree it is hell and people shouldn't be paid to take abuse but at the same time you went about it completely wrong OP, in being rude first off, and second, the petty revenge scheme? VERY bad move to burn bridges like that. YDI.

The_F3rris 11

You act like a child. Are you sure youre old enough to be working?

Trust me OP, it's tempting to yell at the kids sometimes, but I would NEVER take the risk lest the mom go all momma bear on me. I just deal with it. I wholeheartedly agree with 66 and 68. I deal with some huge assholes on a daily basis. Just last night this old guy came in an hour before I closed up and asked for hot dog buns. When I told him that we were sold out, he was like, "****!". It took all my self control not to accost the geezer for A) showing up at night expecting things to be well-stocked after a sale, and B) cussing about f%#$in hot dog buns!

fayemae 11

U shouldn't have told him that So u deserved it, I mean isn't like common sense not to do that? But ur revenge was great

Do you always take revenge on people who act rationally?

I cannot say anything. No sleep for 6 days caused me to tell a customer to keep thier children in line. I totally deserved it.

LudicMonster 22

You know, I was feeling a little empathetic when you said you told the kid to shut his mouth, because I get it, some people snap sometimes, especially when you've been under pressure. However, trying to ruin someone else's life because you were butt hurt over a mistake you made? I have so little respect for that.

What does your boss pissing on a cow have to do anything with work did he piss on it at work I think not so shut your mouth lol