Thanks

By elipses - 22/08/2009 04:43 - Canada

Today, I got a report telling me how I had handled a mystery shopper at work. In this report, I found out that instead of saying, "Thank you" I'd said, "Have a nice day, take care." This kept me from getting a $150 bonus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 308
You deserved it 3 010

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah mystery shopper, the bane of any retail workers life. My employer is just as stupid. Things like 'bye bye'=wrong but 'bye'=good. Stupid company.

Shelbyvillain 0

aaagh, mystery shoppers. Hate them.

Comments

is your store the kind of store that everything is scripted??? that sucks......

haha, kramer's a win. yeah, it's sort of ridiculous how you can get docked points on really stupid things like that. like anyone CARES if you say 'take care' or 'thanks'.

i did not know this happened i for sure dont want a job now fyl

I feel for you. You can tell the difference between those who work retail and those who don't. Not every customer is right. Perhaps if they took the time to read the policies of that business, particularly the return policy, then we would be more friendly.

Damn, that really stupid. $150 for not saying thank you?? WTF??

PuhPuhPuhPi 0

Maybe it's because I work in a grocery store, but I never thank the customer. There is no way I'm thanking a customer for getting groceries. The only reason people come to our store is because of the hoax of a program to save on gas with your shopper card (you know it's a scam, Price Chopper!). To get back on topic, I think more customers would like to be told to have a nice day, or at least have a cashier that is friendly (or, at the very very least, have a cashier that is competent). FYL.

Yeah, Stop & Shop does that too. 5 cents off with your card, which brings it down to the price of the place across the street, and the 10 cents off for every $100 Spent in the store. This means, even if I buy the Maximum 20 gallons of gas, I only save $2, which I could save by buying the blueberries that are on sale at Big Y.

brain_dead 0

Wow. That really does suck. Makes me like my job at a grocery store a little better. We don't have a strict script to follow, just the general greet the the customer, smile, be polite and say thank you and good bye at the end. Of course, if we do get 100% from Mystery Shoppers, we just get a $20 gift card (for our shop) and sometimes a box of chocolates. I can't imagine them even considering given out $150 just for getting a 100%.

all we get is a piece of paper saying great job and a pat on the back for a 100% on a shop....FML haha

I bet if you would have said "thank you" they would have found another excuse not to pay the bonus.