Hey, where's my bonus?!

By moderndante - 11/09/2019 16:00 - United States - Portland

Today, my co-worker received a $1,000 bonus for a project that I do all the work on. My direct supervisor thought that I was an assistant. I send him an e-mail copy of the project every week, and have done so for the past six months. I was later reprimanded for not congratulating my co-worker. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 025
You deserved it 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LostSoul 19

If you let people at work walk all over you now, they always will. Stand up for yourself. If the job does not appreciate you, leave. Unless you are the caregiver for someone else, no reason to stay.

Comments

Maybe they will do the right thing and split it with you.

Why would he get half the pay when he did all the work? Splitting the money is like getting a gift of your own money, and not all of it. It's like going begging to someone for your own money...!

If you did the work, then your co-worker was obviously managing you -- guiding your efforts with their synergistic vision. Only management gets bonuses like that. Worker bees just need to be happy with their wages and shut their cakeholes.

LostSoul 19

If you let people at work walk all over you now, they always will. Stand up for yourself. If the job does not appreciate you, leave. Unless you are the caregiver for someone else, no reason to stay.

Is there anyone above your direct supervisor to whom you can send proof of your work on the project? Would it do any good? Is looking for another job an option?