Thanks

By elipses - 22/08/2009 04:43 - Canada

Today, I got a report telling me how I had handled a mystery shopper at work. In this report, I found out that instead of saying, "Thank you" I'd said, "Have a nice day, take care." This kept me from getting a $150 bonus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 308
You deserved it 3 010

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah mystery shopper, the bane of any retail workers life. My employer is just as stupid. Things like 'bye bye'=wrong but 'bye'=good. Stupid company.

Shelbyvillain 0

aaagh, mystery shoppers. Hate them.

Comments

Carlyyy 0

For the guy that's complaining about ~only~ getting 50 dollars...I got 115% on my mystery shopper report and I get 5% off on my next purchase (in addition to the measly 5% employee discount). Woo...

barkman173 0

Rule number 1 of retail - ALWAYS THANK THE CUSTOMER!!! It doesn't matter what you DID say, it's what you DIDN'T say. YDI

YDI. It's not semantics, though you were polite you didn't say "thank you" in any way whatsoever. Always thank the customer.

blueeyes88 0

Myster shoppers make my life hell! If I could catch one in the act, I would string them from the rafters. To the people who say "You should have followed company policy," you apparently have never worked in retail. I only have a job in that area because I need one while I attend college full time to be damn sure I will not spend my life working in such a shit pot! Try working full time for minimum wage and going to school full time to better yourself for about 2 years without a day off and see if you really give a **** about the company's scripts anymore!!!

perstephane 4

Worked full time for minimum wage during undergrad (full time) and law school (full time) dealing with crappy customers, idiot teenagers, and yelling morons. Still did what the company wanted so I could keep my job. Why don't you go complain about how your job sucks to the millions of people who are homeless because they lost theirs?

_system_ 0

I'd rather be told to have a nice day :-/

Panther_fml 0

Finally a good fml!! yeah i hate secret shoppers too.. i work at home depot and they come in so much... and they are so damn crucial... if you spend too long helping someone else, they mark you bad....

The reason you didn't get the bonus is because they didn't feel like paying you of course, not because you didn't say "thank you"

wow. at my work the secret shopper only gets you a $5 bonus... and you have to spend it in the deli in store!