Thanks, I hate it

By Anonymous - 25/05/2011 05:21 - Canada

Today, my boss called me into his office. Expecting a long overdue promotion, I hurried in. Instead, he told me he thought I would be perfect to take his son on a pity date, because he's a suicide risk due to his depression. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 506
You deserved it 3 636

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kingsamuelcdt 0

maybe if his son is satisfied you could get a raise ;)

PSQ91 6

Look on the bright side OP, he trusts you. Next step will be promotion :)

Comments

tntvballgurl1 0
CateXOX 0

So sad that you had to put "lol" in there?

You don't seem to understand what's depression. I can understand you hate being around people whining, but that is something else; depression is an actual illness.

Hidan_fml 0

Agreed with above. Depression and just being a whiny bitch are two different things.

You have the opportunity to make a depressed person happy and do a kind deed? Oh yeah, definitely FYL. -.-

RyanX92 0

yes but if she does then he could cling think before you say if she does and the guy likes her it could turn into I'll die without you.

Petunia888 13

Um, she's upset because she wanted a promotion that she felt she deserved. Instead of getting that, she got chosen to be a date for someone who she may not even feel attracted to. Think about it.

OP, you can say no but it does sound a nice thing to do. Also, whatever you decide to do, remind your boss that his son defiantly needs professional help rather than a date.

And after that,be sure to post an FML about helping an old lady cross the street!

I've never understood why they need help crossing streets. Or why they would be crossing streets without someone accompanying them if they actually needed assistance..

Egnar 19

I'm not going to cry foul on your boss - Maybe it was just a suggestion, and he's trying to find out what to do with his son - Doesn't mean he's being unprofessional and out for your job if you don't accept. Frankly, some work places aren't the old office type and are very casual/relaxed. If you work in a rigid environment and you think your boss is going to offer sanctions if you don't accept, than FML. But, have you bothered trying to explain that if his son is on the verge of suicide you don't want to risk going out on date and hurting his feelings if he ends up liking you too much?. . .Or mentioned your extremely jealous boyfriend.

I hope your boss realizes that this is not going to help his son. If he figures out that it's a "pity date" he'll probably only be worse off.

that is like way over stepping his boundaries ....