Thanks for nothing

By booboo300 - 22/12/2018 02:00

Today, I picked up my Gardasil 9 HPV update shot that my doctor prescribed, only to discover that not only do I need three of them, they are $200 apiece. The guy I was dating who was the reason I needed the booster broke up with me on Friday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 105
You deserved it 288

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It doesn’t protect against herpes. Only a condom does that, idiot. It protects against SOME strains of hpv is all.

rcrumbak 9

common knowledge that they are a series of three.... and it's not for the guy it's for you.... but if you want to get herpes, go ahead and skip it. just make sure to advertise that you are gardasil free

Comments

rcrumbak 9

common knowledge that they are a series of three.... and it's not for the guy it's for you.... but if you want to get herpes, go ahead and skip it. just make sure to advertise that you are gardasil free

It doesn’t protect against herpes. Only a condom does that, idiot. It protects against SOME strains of hpv is all.

rcrumbak 9

What scientific study did you read that in????? And even condoms don't fully protect against sti's. Abstinence is the only foolproof method. But Gardasil HAS been proven to help prevent herpes. Idiot.

even condoms dont fully protect against std's, they have that written right on the back of the box in small print.

LostInTheZone11 29

^Your profile pic is really apt

Gardasil protects against HPV not herpes. There is no vaccine for that. FYI

wysegirl 24

It's not for herpes.. its to reduce the chance of cervical cancer..

Also, they give this vaccine to both males and females. Men can get HPV. That's literally how women contract it. The shots aren't for men? Uh, yes they are, and if the dude knowingly exposed her to HPV, he should be helping pay for it. Since it's not a commonly tested STD for men (tested only if exposure is known typically) my guess is that there was a situation where the dude had sex with another woman who came back and told him she has HPV, possibly his ex girlfriend informing him of it, and he did what he should do by informing the current partner. While he's not required to, if he in any way made choices that raised her exposure chance, the stand up guy would help with the price.

shady80 4

or maybe she had it already from ******* someone else. quit just assuming

Lithdrel 0

You should probably go to a new doctor and/or do some better research if you think you need three shots of the vaccine, and for $200 a piece. Gardasil 9 is the newest version of the HPV vaccine, covering 9 strains of HPV and only requiring you to take two shots (initial shot and 6month booster), as opposed to the old version which only covered 4 strains and required three shots (initial shot, 1month and 6month boosters). As for the price, you really need to shop around. I managed to buy mine for $169 at My Chemist Warehouse (in Australia; not sure where you're from).

You are misinformed. Gardasil9 requires 3 shots for full protection. Only for kids under 15 can you have a 2 shot series. Not sure what country you’re in but in Canada they’re around $200 a shot as well. Make sure you get those boosters!!

I had the gardasil vaccines free in Aus? Thank goodness for our healthcare system

You had to pay out of pocket for your shots? I'm Canadian too, and only had to pay the $20 fee to have the shot at the pharmacy instead of the doctor's office.

You should get the vaccine whether you’re with him or not. Unless you want to risk getting cervical cancer.

Hi everyone, here’s an update. I decided to still get the shot, because obviously it’s better to be protected. And I talked to my doctor and even though the pharmacists want you to do three shots, she said I only need the one to have the booster to the original three I got back in high school.