Teeth gang!

By pridekills - 19/08/2012 04:19 - United States - Mulberry

Today, my coworker told me I should stop smoking cigarettes because it makes my breath "smell like shit" and makes my teeth look as yellow as corn. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 186
You deserved it 9 018

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GemmaStyles 14

Maybe you should take that as a sign to start brushing your teeth, hm.

That was very rude of him to say your breath smells like shit...but maybe YDI for having poor oral hygiene....too bad a friend could alert you to that nicely.

Comments

GemmaStyles 14

Maybe you should take that as a sign to start brushing your teeth, hm.

Not going to lie... That's kinda gross and maybe that's I sign to fix that issue and really ******* soon (y)

Sanch101 7

Dental hygiene is important. Get some floss as well.

I'd rather have a coworker saying it than a dentist... *shudder* but hey, Listerine always helps!

70 - I think I'd rather have the dentist saying it. If it came from the dentist, it would (probably) be phrased a lot more tactfully and could be stated as a matter of preventative health. When it comes from a coworker, it means it's already bad enough that it's bothering others in a social capacity who are less sensitive to dental issues than dentists.

UpAllNight_862 6

OMG. Sorry to bother, but are you Harry's sister.....

I am glad Op cleared it up by saying this to the co-worker.

blackvyper 8

Carry a pack of cigarettes to throw him off the real reason you have nasty breath and yellow teeth.

uJelly24 1

Maybe op doesn't have bad breath,and his co-worker is just a dick?

Or OP could just take some initiative where oral hygiene is concerned instead of trying to perpetuate fake excuses...

chowE_fml 4

If OPs oral hygiene is that bad I can't imagine what is ass and pits are like. GAH-ROSS!!

Yeah, tell people to **** off if they're being a bit rude, that will get you a lot of friends.

You don't know the gender of the OP nor the boss. But telling people to "**** off" may get you fired. Or at least punished.

musicluvr2000 11

55- yup, it will get OP to "**** off"

It's still not the coworkers business, unless OP constantly works close enough to breathe on them.

Well you have a lot less to lose, so you might as well start smoking now.

There's still the problem of lung cancer and all that...I think OP would gain more from seeing a dentist and buying some breath mints.

Because the only thing OP would have to lose would be the most important thing. His life.

coughyochick 7

I don't know anybody that has died from smoking....

It's a joke... I know the risks of smoking and can't stand it myself. I actually got my grandpa to quit through my constant bitching.

Really!? GUYS! Coughyochick doesn't know anyone who has died from cancer! The scientist only lied to us! It's all a conspiracy! Smoking is safe! It must be! If coughyochick doesn't know anybody who has died from it, all those studies were just lies or coincidence! -.- yeah right. Coughyouchick. If you don't know anyone who has died from cancer, you probably will soon enough. And correct me if I am wrong but I am getting a feeling that you smoke and are trying to justify it by making it seem like its really not that bad? Smoking kills in more ways than just lung cancer. Just because it doesn't immediately seem like smoking played a role because it didn't cause the disease that caused death, it still had a hand in the killing. Smoking weakens your immune system and can cause people to die from diseases they would have otherwise survived. Smoking has no justification. Get help, not only for yourself, but the ones who love you who can't stand to see you killing yourself anymore.

Are you ******* retarted 75?? That's like saying " Who's ever heard if dying from inhaling poison everyday for years?! That's ludicris!" Did you never take health class? Do you know nothing of cigarettes? Shit! Read the box!

That was very rude of him to say your breath smells like shit...but maybe YDI for having poor oral hygiene....too bad a friend could alert you to that nicely.

#5, it's not always a person's fault they have poor oral hygeine. Perhaps OP's parents taught her/him to only brush once a day, or perhaps his/her dentist never offers maintenance advice. While OP should definitely take this as a tip that he/she needs to take better care of his/her teeth, I wouldn't necessarily say he/she deserves it.

tweetbaby14 18

61, for my 18 years of life I have only brushed once a day and my teeth are very white.

CadillacPimpen 6

5, You could use some tooth whitener yourself.

chowE_fml 4

If you wake up and look in the mirror every morning you know damn well when your choppers are yellow. An excellent way of checking is the eyeball to teeth ratio. Compare the two colors and you'll always be guided in the right direction. As far as the breath goes OP knows damn well when their breath is on karate chop. Lol I mean you can taste it when your breath is wretched. You need to do better OP. keeping you in my prayers

MyaaBayyBee 6

Brush your teeth .. Keep some breath strips in your pockets , you'll be good .

Oh God, I'd be mortified. :/ Incentive to take better care of your teeth?

Don't worry about it man, don't listen to him! He doesn't know what he's talking about. People without personal hygiene are the best! (sarcasm)

I know you may have -22 on your comment, but that's just because people are fucktards and either didn't read the (sarcasm) or for some stupid ass reason they feel bad for this nasty freak who doesn't brush his teeth and then bitches when they tell him how society would react to his strange problem. In short: your comment was awesome.

ive been brushing my teeth twice a day for as long as i can remember. :/

Your teeth don't look yellow on your picture..

thatpeachyperson 12

Maybe he was just being an asshole?

Do you drink a lot of coffee? That'll stain your teeth. And if you don't already, I would start using mouthwash in the morning and at night.

xMiss_Maggot 7

you should try baking soda tooth paste. i brush my teeth twice a day but still have some yellow teeth but after using that pste it made my teeth whiter! it actually works. you should try it OP

but how well do you brush them? could you say you covered every (proverbial) inch of teeth? i brush twice a day too, but i occasionally miss spots, making them sensitive.

I agree with #18. I'm a big coffee drinker, so my breath isn't always great. Carrying around mint chewing gum (the sugar-free ones) and using mouthwash after you brush makes a big difference to the smell of my breath and even gets rid of that 'fuzzy' feeling teeth sometimes get when you've just eaten. Also brushing your tongue and flossing is very important, and I know a lot of people who don't do it. Brushing only gets rid of so much, but if you don't floss the build-up of food between your teeth and can either give off a rotten smell or give you gum disease (which also smells bad).

Mints only cover up the odor. Chewing gum helps more to keep your mouth moist and helps stop bacteria from growing. Go online and search for a product called "Smart Mouth". It works wonders and lasts for half a day.

perdix 29

Well, you've got nice ****, so no guys are really looking at your teeth. Is your co-worker flat-chested? That would explain it.

Yellow teeth don't necessarily mean poor hygiene. I have yellow teeth and I brush my teeth twice a day, don't smoke, or drink coffee... Some people are just born it.

perdix 29

#51, Doc, that's a real product! I thought you were joking. My mom used to call me "smart mouth" when I was being a little bastard. The only ingredient that sets it apart from ordinary products is a tiny bit of zinc chloride (which is not an exotic, expensive material.) I wonder why it is so expensive?

Maybe you should stop eating shit then.

Perdix - Yup, it's real. The reason it's so much more expensive (I guess) is because it works, as opposed to every other mouthwash I've ever tried. It's worth its weight in gold.

kittytub 12

I have tried using teeth whitening toothpaste, but it doesn't seem to work. my teeth are yellow because I drink lots of tea. >.