Wake me up before you go go

By asdfghjkl - 29/01/2022 01:59

Today, my boss made me come in at 10 a.m. instead of noon like he usually does. I’ve had nine cups of coffee and STILL can’t keep my eyes open. Why am I like this? FML
I agree, your life sucks 709
You deserved it 350

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you may have an internal clock that puts your sleep schedule on a different pattern than everyone else's. You can go to the doctor and get some tests done, and they can give you a medical note so your boss (hopefully) doesn't do this again.

Comments

So you may have an internal clock that puts your sleep schedule on a different pattern than everyone else's. You can go to the doctor and get some tests done, and they can give you a medical note so your boss (hopefully) doesn't do this again.

randybryant799 20

You're complaining because you didn't have to get to work until 10a?? Are you kidding me?

That’s not OPs complaint. The complaint is about how sleepy and fatigued they are and don’t understand why because 10am is obviously a ridiculous time to feel like that.

As someone with ADHD and Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder, I feel your pain, my dude. Trying to live life according to the rules of normal society is like living in permanent jet lag. Some people are just wired to function better later in the day. And it really sucks when you do have to interact with people, so you have to actually try to fight off your jerk-brain long enough to accomplish whatever you have to. Of course, if it's completely arbitrary and there's no reason for you to be in that early, and it's just posturing on your boss's side of things because he doesn't trust you to complete your work on time because he can't physically see you or whatever - Well that's just an asshole move on his part.

And yes, I am commenting this all at 3:50 am, because of course I'm wide awake right now.