Tailgate party

By Anonymous - 23/05/2014 22:06 - Canada - Oakville

Today, while driving home, some idiot kept tailgating me, so I slowed down, hoping he'd overtake me. He didn't, so I pulled to the side of the road. He did the same, in front of me. He kept toying with me until I crashed into another car trying to speed away from him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 595
You deserved it 15 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

People are assholes, but also if you were speeding away you should be more careful next time OP.

countryb_cth 38

Or not speed away at all. Tailgaters are extremely annoying, but you shouldn't be reckless and at least be smart about how you handle them.

Call the cops? Wreckless driving isn't something to take lightly.

If only it had been wreckless. Alas, it was just reckless.

I'm pretty sure your supposed to call the cops if someone is tailgating you...

i dont know if its the same in every country, but if i was to use a phone whilst driving to report reckless driving, i could also get done because i was using a phone.

That's why you pull over to the side of the road to make the call.

schhichick 14

This sounds like the scenario from nation al lampoons christmas vacation!

Geckosrock99 33

Should have called the cops while you were pulled over. Less damages that way and one less douchebag on the road.

And you think that while he called the cops the person tailgating him would just sit there and wait for him to move again for 5-10 minutes? Also just let them walk out, tell the police responder on the phone his license plate, and let him get caught? Right.

#19, since the douche had pulled to the side in front of the OP, the OP could have typed out the plate number and reported the vehicle to the police. They could still look for him even if the guy went on his merry way after ******* with them. also OP- sorry that happened to you, some people shouldn't be allowed near a wheel. At all. like others suggested, I would have called and just ignored him, if he rear ended you it would have been his fault and just that much more trouble. FYL.

5-10 minutes estimate for police to arrive in a traffic related demand? Now I'm jaelous of whichever country you're talking about...

People need to realize driving can be dangerous & to not make games out of it. Glad you're ok OP

I had a guy following me like that. He suddenly parted ways when he saw my phone light calling the cops

I never thought I would find an asshole in Canada go figure... Some people shouldn't drive or just not drive when they act like a 5 year old