Systemic

By Upset - 03/02/2016 18:14 - United States - Santa Clara

Today, after finding out that my professor likes to talk trash about, and constantly belittle, Muslims in every American History class he teaches, I submitted an essay about Muslim contributions to humanity. He held me back after class and asked why I gave him such filth. I'm a Muslim. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 609
You deserved it 5 063

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Report him to the department chair. Even if he has tenure, things like that can get it revoked. There's no need to treat people that way.

your teacher is a piece of crap, op. so sorry you had to go through that. report that ****** imediately

Comments

TeacherTeacher 11

If he's down grading you for his opinions, you need to report him. He's welcome to believe what he likes, he's not allowed to force you to believe it. Though it is a little ironic if he's giving you a zero for the paper since the concept of zero is an Muslim contribution.

Sheesh, what a jerk (to put it mildly). I'm not even a Muslim and I'd be p*ssed off at him.

You don't have to be the subject of racism to get pissed off at it.

You don't have to be the subject of racism to get pissed off at it.

Honestly some people are assholes so you just have to get over the fact that they have a bias. Sorry they he's so mean but you have to realize that there are people that believe in things contrary to you beliefs.

Nice of you to take the high road and at least attempt to add some new flavors to your Prof's ignorance stew. But it's important to remember that "tolerance of differing opinions" means you have to tolerate that type of mentality too. He's allowed to hold whatever opinions he wants to hold, regardless of your thoughts on the subject. However, tossing out hate for, or actively promoting, a particular ideology in a classroom from a position of authority is indoctrination, not education. Bust him on that, but don't tell him what to think with that calcified brain of his.

Racism should not be tolerated or allowed at all. Report him to the highest school authority. If they are intelligent decent people, he will learn the hard way that being an asshole in life equals punishment.

I am a Muslim as well. I feel with you OP. Report him asap. People like him are the reason of Islamophobia.

man_in_black08 28

Call him out. In the middle of the class. Do your research on the history of muslims and Islam in the US..and call the brain dead goat *******, intellectually bankcrupt agent of satan on his words out! Call him out! Seems like he has a rational faculty of a donkey. My suggestion for research tips ..google "abdullah hakim quick" he has alot of lectures abt the history of the muslims in the US. All the best.

Salaam dear bro, im a fellow muslima. My 2 cents? Reporting him wont go too far. Its you who will fall into trouble in some way another. The time right now as muslims we are being targeted. But it is our trial, our test to shine. Out success is HOW we go through this trial. Revenge? anger? No. The answers are in the The book. Sabr and taqwa. I have had miracle after miracle just because I beared patience. This is how we gain our reward. Exemplify the best a muslim can be.

I really like the way you tried to deal with it, intelligent and respectful. Sorry your teacher is a dickwad anyway

Well it sounds like prof is an asshole. Full stop. BUT It also sounds like OP submitted an essay on "Muslim contributions to humanity" when the course is American History. Not to excuse the prof for a second but it also sounds like the essay was off-topic. Muslim contributions to American culture would be great but is sounds like that isn't the case.