Superficial

By Anonymous - 29/08/2019 04:00 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, after a lifelong struggle with suicidal depression and heroin abuse, I've been clean for six months. This is the healthiest I've been in ages, and naturally, I've gained weight. My whole family constantly talks about how I’ve let myself go, and how I should go back on heroin to be thin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 418
You deserved it 248

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I made an account (or actually recovered my old account) just to comment on this FML because it strikes so close to home... OP, please keep fighting the good fight, you are amazing for having come so far, and making great choices! I can't believe your family's cruelty, even if they don't know about the true toll heroin takes, there's such a difference between the gaunt & haunted look and being rosy-cheeked & full of life. Once again, keep on keeping on, and please know that taking the "easy way" out (falling back in to bad habits) is not the easy way at all (as I'm sure you are aware). Sorry for the long-winded comment, and good luck!!! We're all rooting for you!

pins91 27

Hey Op. im genuinely sorry to hear your family are the way they are. I’m in Australia too, so if you ever need to reach out to someone, let me know.

Comments

pins91 27

Hey Op. im genuinely sorry to hear your family are the way they are. I’m in Australia too, so if you ever need to reach out to someone, let me know.

hackerriderz12 12

Don’t go back, you can do it without the drugs

Your whole family wants you back on heroin? That's more implausible than The Munsters!

TomeDr 24

Apparently you don’t know how screwed up some families are.

DeeVa 7

Maybe the family issues were the impetus to start heroine in the first place.

I made an account (or actually recovered my old account) just to comment on this FML because it strikes so close to home... OP, please keep fighting the good fight, you are amazing for having come so far, and making great choices! I can't believe your family's cruelty, even if they don't know about the true toll heroin takes, there's such a difference between the gaunt & haunted look and being rosy-cheeked & full of life. Once again, keep on keeping on, and please know that taking the "easy way" out (falling back in to bad habits) is not the easy way at all (as I'm sure you are aware). Sorry for the long-winded comment, and good luck!!! We're all rooting for you!

ftpallday666 16

You are a sweet sweet sweet person. Thank you so much

ftpallday666 16

I’m the OP and I’ve read this so many times. Keeps making me cry that a total stranger would care so much. Thank you. You’re wonderful.

Don't go back, it's not worth it. To heck with anyone who would see you go back to that life. Find supportive people and make them your family, sometimes family ends up being chosen and not the people that you came pre-packaged with.

tiny201002 8

We don’t know each other, but I’m proud of you for staying clean for six months. Keep up the great work and remember to smile and be awesome! :)

Congratulations on 6 months of sobriety. That’s awesome! There is nothing wrong with gaining weight. Glad you’re healthy and I hope you keep it up! Embrace your body and all the great changes to come.

Time to find more positive people to hang around. Family can be toxic, and they are for you. Sorry to hear this.

Sady_Ct 37

OP, please, go look up the song ‘A Reason To Fight’ by the band Disturbed. Make it your anthem, and sad to say this, but get rid of the toxic trash in your life. You have done well, you won’t fail, YOU GOT THIS!