Spontaneous

By FullCircleProblem - 27/01/2016 06:04 - United States - Round Rock

Spicy
Today, my girlfriend came home and spontaneously wanted to have sex for the first time in about a year. I'm a recovering alcoholic, and had just came from an AA meeting. She reeked of alcohol, I couldn't get hard because of it, and she got pissed at me. She says she won't be spontaneous again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 739
You deserved it 2 402

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If she knows you are a recovering alcoholic and still comes to your house drunk then you need too find someone better then that.

If she knows youre recovering, then shes a bad girlfriend. She shouldnt have been pissed because of that.

Comments

Tell her the reason why you couldn't have sex with her is that you couldn't stand the reek of alcohol protruding off of her. If she says it is still your fault, then it might be time to reevaluate your priorities.

I rarely will EVER advocate this, but you need to get rid of her. She doesn't give two ***** about you. She KNOWS you're a recovering alcoholic (and if she doesn't, it's even worse for her). In short, she's pissed of at YOU for something SHE could have controlled. That's always bad. And just to clarify: you haven't *spontaneously* had sex with her in a year, or at ALL in that year?

Maybe you two need to see a counselor of some sort because if she's getting drunk around you then that's really disrespectful

Steve97 32

You should've asked her to do it in the shower to get the smell off

She does not respect you or your disease. Sorry man, hope she wakes up and realizes what she is doing to you.

TweetAnne 13

Keep up your sobriety OP. Alcoholism is a serious problem and I'm glad you are doing something about it. As for your girlfriend if she truly cares about you she should be supportive. It's disrespectful for her to come home in that state when you are trying to do better. If she doesn't recognize her mistake then she may not be the one for you.

This is just really sad, OP... I'm sad she treats you like that.

that's just sad. congrats on the recovery from alcoholism but tbh you might want to find a nicer and better girlfriend.