Sounds reasonable

By jenn8209 - 15/09/2022 01:30

Spicy
Today, it’s my honeymoon. Before sexy time, my new husband made me do my first “act of loyalty” to him: text all my male contacts who were not family to “never speak to me again” and delete then from social media and cellphone. Apparently, I “can’t be hoeing” around during marriage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 685
You deserved it 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Please do not wait until he starts hitting you. Leave before it gets worse. Because it will.

Comments

Please do not wait until he starts hitting you. Leave before it gets worse. Because it will.

Ahem...ANNULMENT. NOW! "Acts of loyalty" = "I control your life now to the point that ring might as well be in your NOSE."

geerod 15

Get out before you have children and are stuck with him! Only going to get worse!

Unless the next words out of his mouth were “just kidding,” leave.

Even though. That would be a sick joke.

And you agreed to this? You need to get out. Because this isolates you, one of the first steps of severe abuse. You won't be allowed to work either

I'll bet this wasn't the first red flag. It's definitely not the last. You *need* to look up the signs of emotional abuse. It's not the same as physical, sexual, or verbal abuse, though it can come along with those. Does he isolate you from friends who might help you get away from him? (Yes!) Do you feel like you have to walk on eggshells to avoid upsetting him? Does he tell you he couldn't live without you? There's lots more. It is *very* hard to recognize emotional abuse from inside the relationship! Don't assume that he's not abusive because that would make him a monster, or because he loves you. "He's just-" No, he's just isolating you. So that he can control you. This is not in your best interest. Someone who loves you would help you have a better social life, not destroy it.

I'm not the type to immediately say this but as someone who has been there before this is a very very bad sign. Please get out. Step one is isolate you from friends and family. Step two is tear you down until you believe you need them. It only gets worse and it doesn't stop there.

And he's doing the same with every female he knows? Both sexes can "hoe it up."

Doom_Kitty 12

No. She shouldn't do this andhe shouldn't either. No one should stop having a life just because they're in a relationship.

that's a huge red flag. please end it before things escalate.