Sophie's Choice

By Anonymous - 02/08/2021 04:01

Today, my love life comes down to a choice in loneliness: I can either be alone, because I never meet anyone these days, let alone an interesting guy. Or, I can go back to my ex, who I left because he made me feel alone while sitting right next to him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 828
You deserved it 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Being alone is still better than feeling alone with someone (because then you can't fart freely).

Don’t go back to the guy who doesn’t value you. The surest way to ensure you never meet anyone who actually can have a meaningful relationship with is to waste your time with someone who has no future with you. Branch out your social network is ways that help you meet more guys who might share hobbies or values and maybe you’ll find someone. But with you ex, I promise you you never will.

Comments

Ya I understand how you feel if you happen to live in northern Michigan message me on Facebook

Being alone is still better than feeling alone with someone (because then you can't fart freely).

Don’t go back to the guy who doesn’t value you. The surest way to ensure you never meet anyone who actually can have a meaningful relationship with is to waste your time with someone who has no future with you. Branch out your social network is ways that help you meet more guys who might share hobbies or values and maybe you’ll find someone. But with you ex, I promise you you never will.

It's easy to find interesting, attractive people online. They are usually scammers who steal photos from Instagram. They are great company for a few days or weeks until they ask for an Amazon or Steam gift card or emergency medical expenses. Then move on and go to the next.

Don't be ridiculous. OP's female, so she's got better odds meeting a creep who will ask to sniff her dirty socks. If that doesn't qualify as "interesting", I don't know what does. Plus, she can charge for the socks and make some extra cash to buy wine for her lonely evenings.

My parents got divorced when I started college. They got remarried a few years later “for the children (I am the oldest)” and because Mom’s intended romance didn’t work out. That lasted a few years and they got divorced again. My take away from that was “If I have to make mistakes let them be new mistakes not a repeated mistake.” Don’t go back to someone when that relationship just didn’t work for you - That would just repeat a mistake and you know how that inevitably ends. (When you are actually in a relationship try to make it work if possible, but don’t repeat old mistakes.) It’s not easy getting back into the dating world and the longer it’s been since you were dating the more difficult it will be to readjust. Look where the odds of finding a compatible person are greatest for you. If you have an interest that men would also find interesting then that’s one starting place. Online can be brutal at times, but sometimes it works out for you - I met my wife on Match.com. Don’t give up and don’t be desperate - It takes time. Try to enjoy things that interest you meanwhile…