Sneaky

By Where should I go - 19/09/2023 04:00

Today, me, my sister, and my boyfriend all live together. It’s time to renew the lease. They used this as an opportunity to let me know that they’ve fallen in love and I will not be on the new lease. Our parents died in a car accident last year and I have no other family who will take me in. My sister knows this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 191
You deserved it 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's absolutely deplorable, and I'm so sorry. All I can say is I hope that karma is gearing up to kick them in the rear.

They can't do that. Talk to the landlord and, if possible, a lawyer.

Comments

Just stay with them rent-free. You could be the fluff girl or do some cleaning chores to earn your keep.

That's absolutely deplorable, and I'm so sorry. All I can say is I hope that karma is gearing up to kick them in the rear.

They can't do that. Talk to the landlord and, if possible, a lawyer.

OP - That's a double betrayal! I am sorry this happened to you… There are a couple of observations this reminds me of: … (1) Three is often an unstable number in human relationships. Two tend to pair up (friends or more) and one feels left out. It’s less of a thing with children and their parents but even there it happens. … (2) Every adult needs to be able to work and earn money so they aren’t entirely dependent on someone else for the basics. … Oh, and you have to get a 30 day notice to be evicted.

HouseOfM 8

It's been well known for a while now that groups of 3 don't work out as chazzster wrote. I'm curious how you didn't see this potentially happening and at least have a backup plan incase. Always plan on being able to move on incase things don't work out with your SO. If you are SOl you were too dependent on them.