By sparkyjaf - 14/05/2015 12:41 - Australia - West Pymble

Today, all of my roommates handed in their vacating notice unexpectedly. They are all moving to a new house together in two weeks, leaving me to be either homeless or forced to pay 4 times what I was paying in rent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 901
You deserved it 4 188

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, either they are the biggest assholes, or you have been a really shitty roommate. Even so, they could have at least given you an earlier notice than that.

that sucks. would have been nice if they gave you more of a notice so you could try and plan. Maybe finding another rooomate or two

Comments

that sucks. would have been nice if they gave you more of a notice so you could try and plan. Maybe finding another rooomate or two

Damn. They're the sole definition of an assholeold

Was that a typo or a play on words with the words asshole and household?

Puns are like licking for me. It I love it, but it never quite rolls off the tongue right.

CliffyB03 28

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Come on, you can't be this callous and still have fun on this website. Go get an account on tumblr or whatever.

Why are we all trashing Tumblr nowadays? Use the classics. Go back to Livejournal you lunatics!

but she could be such an amazing tumblr feminazi

erizonkim 17

#3 Sounds like you have a problem though...

29, put down the fedora and walk away.

#21 because tumblr is like 4chan except the people on tumblr are genuinely serious about being pricks

Aren't all fmls a you problem?! That's the whole point you moron!

pleasedie 22

All I can say is don't try to find new roommates on Craigslist.... Never works out

AnyaS 19

It can work out. I found a great roommate on Craigslist who lived with me for a year and through her I met my second roommate who has been with me the past year and will stay with me for at least another. You just have to ward off the creeps and spammers, and through perseverance can find the right person to be your roommate.

pleasedie 22

Yeah.... I don't think OP has time to sort through the weirdo's

I've found a new household on Craigslist 3 times, each within a few days. I've brought aboard new roommates twice, each within a couple days (I've had great longevity at each of these places and roommates, at least a year each). There are always other people just as desperate, if not more so, than OP. Craigslist is a fine resource. I've also gotten 3 jobs using it, the last of which I've happily been at for almost 4 years now.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I have the feeling they did it deliberately because they were afraid of Op's reactions

Short end of the stick or mutual agreement on leaving because of you determines whether or not this is an FYL or YDI...

Wow, either they are the biggest assholes, or you have been a really shitty roommate. Even so, they could have at least given you an earlier notice than that.

They only roommates. You can find more. Maybe people who wont leave ya

You could ask if you could move in with them, if not then good luck finding new roommates.

I'm pretty sure if they're all moving away together from OP, they don't want to live with him/her anymore. But if they don't want to live with OP then I feel like OP did something to make them not want to stay.

Also, even if OP did somehow end up moving in with them, who's to say that they won't pull this shit again in the future?

Whenever you get evicted for not being able to afford the old place, be sure to go crash on their couch.