Snarky and brave

By Stop being healthy - 22/04/2017 22:00

Today, and every other day this week, I brought carrots and celery into work to eat as a snack instead of chocolate. I got back from lunch to find a note on my desk saying, "Do you really think it's OK to eat carrots and celery that loudly every day?" Guess I won't try to be healthy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 470
You deserved it 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cut them up into bite size pieces to dull the worst of the noise, and give your neighbors earplugs? Outside of that, look into quieter healthy snacks like raw broccoli, cherry tomatoes, cucumber spears, bell pepper strips... there's quite a lot of variety! Consider adding a serving of hummus or peanut butter as a dip to your snacks for protein. Preshelled and halved nuts are healthy. You can even eat trail mix as long as you moderate the dried fruit and candies in it. Heck, roasted chickpeas are pretty good, and have a decent amount of protein. There are options if you are that concerned about being rude to your neighbors.

Druu 53

Figure out who it is. Leave them a note: "Bitch, your potato chips are deafening." Petty and passive aggressive? I know how to play that game!

Comments

This is an "it depends." Mouth open? Smacking lips? Take some time to listen to yourself. It can be hard; most people become deaf to their own noise since they're exposed to it 24/7. The same way people with B.O. can't smell themselves.

Noisy carrots? Hmmmm, I know a place you can put them where they won't make noise..suggest THAT to whomever you discover left the note. Last time I checked, passive aggressive cowardism was also detrimental to health...sep in a workplace. Time for a seek and destroy mission op. ?Good luck with your health goals.

darkenedone 27

Yes. Yes, I do think it's okay.

Basic office food etiquette: [1] No one should eat anything super noisy at their desk (e.g., chips, celery, apples, individually wrapped candies) or pop/smack gum; and [2] No one should cook or eat anything super smelly (e.g., popcorn, fish), anywhere in the office. There should be nothing wrong with eating noisy foods in the kitchen or dining area, but if you're going to eat at your desk, it needs to be quiet food (or at least have the common courtesy to ask "Would it be too noisy if I ate some celery? Would that bother anyone?" first -- you might be surprised to find out that most of the time, at least one person within earshot will object). Smells, on the other hand, carry through the whole office -- several times, I've seen offices empty out because someone cooked fish and made the whole office too stinky to work in.

What a jerk thing to do. If it was me in the situation I'd make a point of eating super loud.

Eat them as loud as you possibly can

Basic office etiquette is; if you are going to eat at your desk do it quietly. Some offices even have very clear policies about it. It's noisy and distracting and outright disgusting if you eat with your mouth open, smack your lips or talk with mouth full etc. There are quieter snacks and if that's too much of a problem - no snacks have even less calories.

While I completely understand and encourage common courtesy, I also completely abhor passive aggressive nonsense. If they aren't capable of addressing a minor issue like an adult, I think they ought to just deal.

You could try apples or bananas or yogurt. Some softer foods or a bag of mixed nuts. lots of healthy snack option s :)

Tell them to take a long walk off a short pier. Lol

MadMeds 4

Bring homemade carrot celery juice