Snarky and brave

By Stop being healthy - 22/04/2017 22:00

Today, and every other day this week, I brought carrots and celery into work to eat as a snack instead of chocolate. I got back from lunch to find a note on my desk saying, "Do you really think it's OK to eat carrots and celery that loudly every day?" Guess I won't try to be healthy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 470
You deserved it 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cut them up into bite size pieces to dull the worst of the noise, and give your neighbors earplugs? Outside of that, look into quieter healthy snacks like raw broccoli, cherry tomatoes, cucumber spears, bell pepper strips... there's quite a lot of variety! Consider adding a serving of hummus or peanut butter as a dip to your snacks for protein. Preshelled and halved nuts are healthy. You can even eat trail mix as long as you moderate the dried fruit and candies in it. Heck, roasted chickpeas are pretty good, and have a decent amount of protein. There are options if you are that concerned about being rude to your neighbors.

Druu 53

Figure out who it is. Leave them a note: "Bitch, your potato chips are deafening." Petty and passive aggressive? I know how to play that game!

Comments

Justonian 1

F that. I'd go get a microphone and speaker and turn up the damn volume. I'd also buy a portable office drum set to bang on during my breaks and declare that it's a medicinal therapeutic requirement from your therapist to keep you from becoming homicidal. I'd also leave passive aggressive notes in all around the outside of my cubicle - like "Are you walking LOUDLY? Stop." "Can we hear your hair move while you walk? Please use more gel. And bathe...you stink."

Why is it a FML story? If I was there, I'll taint the carrots with harmless lemon juice and tell you are chewing too loud.

I'd have asked around to see who left it, then gone up to them to discuss why they felt it was appropriate to leave a passive aggressive note on your desk. Failing finding them I'd report the note to HR, you don't let shit like that fly. You can't let people think it's okay to just casually bully you.

Rascalboy 0

As someone who completely despises hearing other people chomp on their food like a one-toothed senile camel: you deserve it. The sound of people creating their own sound track of disgustingness is just... horrible. Like, do you know how to cvhew with your mouth closed? My dog is better at that than most humans, it seems. You don't have to smack your lips, or keep your mouth open like an ape showing off to its friends. Its gross that people are so self absorbed that they just flash their cud and saliva to everyone. Moral of the story: be considerate and keep your mouth closed, like the civilized human being you're supposed to be. Also, who eats plain celery? Weird...

Yeah, 'cause the rest of the world should function just to make your life pleasant. Pfft. Suck it up buttercup. I'm sure your very existence pisses others off, but no one is suggesting you should off yourself to make the situation better. Chomp, chomp, crunch, crunch.

Or you could chew with you your mouth closed and not make so much noise. ydi