Smart move

By Triedtobecool - 06/04/2009 02:22 - Canada

Today, I went to buy beer underage for a party to impress a girl. I picked up the case of beer and went to the cashier, he ran it through without asking for ID. I left the store with a smirk on my face, I arrived at the party and showed the case to the girl. It was non-alcoholic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 972
You deserved it 99 933

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alex_vik 0

YDI for trying to buy beer underage AND YDI because you somehow thought that would impress a girl.

shiie 0

"Oh Johnny, you bought beer? Let's make out!"

Comments

HAHAURLIFESUX 0

Guys, I don't think he's stupid for trying to get alcohol underage. None of you tried alcohol before you were of legal age? Really? I'm sure nobody went to parties and had alcohol act as a social lubricant either. Come on, he did a common thing. Soooo many people try to get into bars with fakes, buy alcohol or cigarettes with fakes, it happens, he's not an idiot. I say rip off the labels or go to a different store and buy new beer.

dimmythat 0

#32, it's only stupid because he was 1) trying to impress some girl because of it and 2) didn't even know what he was buying. obviously he didn't do it all the time ;)

The problem isn't that he bought alcohol, it's that he tried to impress a girl with it. From personal experience I thought the same thing in high school. If I brought beer I'd be in the "in" crowd and be more popular since I could get alcohol. Guess what, after I brought a lot of alcohol once I had a lot of people asking me to get them alcohol for other parties and that was about it. If I didn't I couldn't come. I became the mule. Plus a lot of the parties sucks anyways (everyone too worried about their image to get wasted and shit like that).

morgan_5230 0

Oh wow, that poor girl thought she was gonna be so cool since you were bringing REAL beer, and you brought her non-alcoholic. What the hell, man. Really, though, YDI.

Ngood7 0

I don't know what state you live in, but in Wisconsin (#1 state for just about everything related to the consumption of alcohol) you still need to be 21 to buy non-alcoholic beer.

32, but only idiots just walk into a liquor store without a fake to try to buy beer, whether they succeed or not they're still being douches. And lol at all the Superbad comments... no way, an underage person tried to buy booze? THAT IS SO MUCH LIKE SUPERBAD BECAUSE THAT EVENT PRETTY MUCH HAPPENED IN THE MOVIE. Except for every other detail.

Unless it's incredibly obvious that you're over 21, you're never not carded for buying alcohol at a store. Ever. The point-of-sale software in pretty much every store prompts the cashier to check your ID to verify your birthday, not to mention that selling to minors is extremely illegal. In short, it is never in the store's advantage to let you buy beer unless they are positive you are 21+. In any event, how the hell do you not notice the difference between NA beer and regular beer? It's right on the damn label. It's a damn shame that you bought NA beer, because it would have been priceless when you got busted. YDI for being a ******* and hubris ("I left the store with a smirk on my face" - thinking you tricked the cashier with your "rugged manliness" sure must have felt good, didn't it?) @26 to be fair, non-alcoholic beer doesn't mean it has 0% alcohol - it just means the ABV is very low (generally less than 0.5%). Texas is still crazy, but not for this reason. @39, **** yeah, Wisconsin!